Author Topic: 2012 Rule Book Release?  (Read 13354 times)

Offline Genuine GM

• Ignorance is NOT bliss.
2012 Rule Book Release?
« on: October 03, 2011, 11:21:33 AM »
Does anyone have an idea when the 2012 rule book will be available?  I have a 2009 and want to buy a new one, but if the 2012's will be released in 2 or 3 months, I will wait. 

Warning....  Rambling Alert

I realize I haven't posted in a while, and no, I won't have a car ready next year.  At this rate, it will take me 10 years to finish, but my wife and I have decided we are moving after the first of the year and we both agree I need a shop in addition to a 2 car garage :-D  (she says 30'X40' max, can't complain, I have a two car garage now and her Honda Pilot lives in it as well.)

So far it has gone from V4F/MR to MP to now '37 Chevy in Altered Coupe with a C class SBC.  Why?  Well my dad scored a 37 sedan body and frame sans fenders for cheap because he need some trim pieces for his 37 Street Rod.  He is donating the car and frame to my cause since I won't need anything he is taking off anyway.  Why a SBC, because if I bought a gasket kit and honed the cylinders in any of 4 blocks, I could build a complete engine today, and not with junk parts either. 

Thanks for the great advice I always get.
Don’t let the troubles in your head, steal too much time, you’ll soon be dead - so play. You Never Know – DMB

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
Re: 2012 Rule Book Release?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 11:29:45 AM »
The only difference between the 2011 and 2012 rule book is the changes that will be posted on the SCTA web site for 2012. As for when the new book will be out maybe DW can chime in. Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Genuine GM

• Ignorance is NOT bliss.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 11:42:53 AM »
Well, in that case, I guess I will order it.  :cheers:
Don’t let the troubles in your head, steal too much time, you’ll soon be dead - so play. You Never Know – DMB

Offline krek

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:24:31 PM »
Generally, how fast do the rule books ship?

I've ordered one and I'm doing the "pee pee dance" here waiting for it to arrive.

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 10:36:27 PM »
Well boys sometime next spring

Offline JamesJ

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 12:43:35 PM »

I've ordered one and I'm doing the "pee pee dance" here waiting for it to arrive.

Usually a few days before anyone sends it out then give it normal slow shipping times so about a week.  Depends also on who you ordered it from...

Offline RichFox

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 12:47:42 PM »

If your waiting for a 2012 book. Prepare for a 4 month or more wait. Maybe 6. I don't know if they are still shipping 2011 books.

Offline Tman

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 12:49:20 PM »

If your waiting for a 2012 book. Prepare for a 4 month or more wait. Maybe 6. I don't know if they are still shipping 2011 books.

They are still selling the 2011 books. JoAnn shipped another one for me the other day. Sorry, I typed the wrong year here earlier :oops:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:32:51 PM by Tman »

Offline krek

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 01:36:54 PM »
I ordered it from this link:

http://shop.scta-bni.org/2010-rules-and-records-book-SCTA001.htm

Four to six MONTHS?  If I want to start building a car now do I need to buy an used copy?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 01:40:22 PM »
The new rule books usually are sent out in March or April.  You can buy the "current" one -- 2011 now -- through then, maybe SFRA usually has a good inventory available and will ship quickly.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 01:44:43 PM »

They are still selling the 2010 books. JoAnn shipped another one for me the other day.

What happened to the 2011 rule books?  I just couldn't help it.  :-D Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Tman

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »
Look at my edit Tony, I had the wrong year in there, I just ordered an 11 book NOT a 10!

Offline krek

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 11:56:10 AM »
I received my 2011 rulebook today, thanks!

Offline dw230

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 03:40:05 PM »
This is the process.

Rule change cutoff was 09/01. The clubs have received the changes for discussion. The committee meeting is 10/30. Rule change requests will be cussed/discussed there. Some will move to the next step, some not so much.

The board will get the suggestions at a Nov meeting and vote for approval or dismissal. Changes will be made and sent for proofing/approval. The book will begin to be assembled then. Advertising will have to be finalized, this takes time because we relay on the advertiser for artwork, etc.

I should have a proof copy available at the first/middle of Dec. Following the holidays I can get the final copy to the printer. Takes a few days for Jean to incorporate the changes - rules, records, contacts, advertising into a pre-print proof. A few days for someone/somebodies other than me to proof the copy.

First part of Jan. the printing begins. A couple of weeks for print and binding and the book is ready to ship. At that point I am out of the loop.

The past few years I have had the approval of the board to publish the approved changes here, on the SCTA and Bangshift websites. These changes in conjunction with your 2011 rulebook will be all you need until a hard copy of the 2012 book is in your hands.

To clear up something that is bitched about on this site every year is that ONLY SCTA club members have input to the changes. It is to YOUR club to get the list to you for your input. If you are a BNI or USFRA member only you will not be able to add your input to the changes. I know it is harsh but, you can see from the time line that in order to put a rulebook on your table in a timely manner the process has to move along. There are only a couple of people who do this work, others contribute in part so it all comes together at some point.

I do realize that there many people on this site who would like to help and I have tried to lean on them. The problem is that they are people, with lives other than LSR and and I cannot rely on them. In fact, I am still waiting for a proof copy from 2009 from one of you.

I want to thank those who want to help in advance but, I think our team can get you a book at the pointy end of 2012.

There are still some of us around that remember a late May to mid-July delivery date.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 09:59:29 AM »
New rule books? Great !...I could use a few shirts................ :roll:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.