Author Topic: Eat your hearts out, Ford Fans!  (Read 11799 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Eat your hearts out, Ford Fans!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 06:19:56 AM »
Rich,  I think the 332 was a high performance eng because it was the NASCAR compatibale eng
I took a set of 332 heads and abuch of 427 parts and made me a 361 that would go pretty good once if fuguired out how to keep the rods on the second journal  :?.---there was a reason they recomended groving the mains  :-o in the how to book
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Tman

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 04:18:10 PM »
Neat first car.

Offline Ole Don

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 07:44:25 PM »
SSS, please let the young fellow know the white 55 at WOS was shifted at 7,000 RPM and drove the geezer home afterwards. His may not do that, but will be a fun first car. Tell him to do his homework on motor oil. I use Rotella, available in 10W30 or 15W40.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 11:00:57 PM »
Don, I've already told him about you.  I didn't tell him about the head gasket letting go and getting replaced in the America's Best parking lot, though.  He'll be looking for you for some pointers on the engine, though.  Don't tell him too many secrets - he's new.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 05:53:06 PM »
definately worth the $500 that was paid for it!!!

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 10:16:24 PM »
Cool ride,,, he may become a gear head now ?

I only have 3 vices,,,, Girls, Guns and Cars....

With that old Ford, he now has the makings of a car guy for sure,,,

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 11:10:08 AM »
Cool ride,,, he may become a gear head now ?

I only have 3 vices,,,, Girls, Guns and Cars....

With that old Ford, he now has the makings of a car guy for sure,,,

Charles

In that order Charles?

When I was a pup, I did not have a car. Me mum had a 1958 Ford 2-dr. She did not know it had a 352 Interceptor, but I did!  :-D

Got me my first speeding ticket!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline AngelaDuFay

• New folks
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 10:54:27 PM »
Good Evening, One and All... I am the Daughter of Seldom Seen Slim and would like to thank all of you for posting your thoughts/well-wishes/etc. for my Son, Andrew.  Today he got a wonderful package from Grand Rapids (Michigan) -- a manual!  JB, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Andrew just ordered brakes from CarQuest and has been yelled at to "STOP STARTING THE CAR OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU GET THE OIL CHANGED!"  This is the same child that was frantic about getting a tarp placed over the car because rain was in the forecast...
I was just "approved" as a member of this site (Thanks, Dad!) and will be checking the site (with the kid) to see if any pointers have been posted.  I can't give him too much crap, though - he was just accepted at Michigan Technological University in the College of Engineering (Grandpa Jon's Alma Mater).

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 12:29:32 AM »
Glad to see you on board Angela. You can tell Andrew there's a real reason for not starting the car and running it for short periods of time. It's best to run it so that it's thoroughly warmed up most of the time. I have a friend that looks after a rather eclectic car collection that includes a Cosworth Vega with only fifteen miles on the odometer. The milage is correct. The original owner bought the car as an investment and was told to start the car at regular intervals so that it wouldn't deteriorate. THE EXHAUST SYSTEM IS TOTALLY ROTTED OFF THE CAR! It was never run long enough to evaporate the corrosives generated in the exhaust so they just sat in the pipes and did their work. :-o :-o :-o

Hope he enjoys the car. It should be a blast. :-D :-D

Pete

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »
Angela welcome aboard the site. I am sure you will have fun and learn a few things along the way. The LSR family is a life style like no other. :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 11:44:11 AM »
Welcome aboard, Angela.

Gosh, does this mean we now have a new wellspring of stories about the one who is "Seldom Seen"?  :-)

Tell Andrew to keep it between the fence posts.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline 116ciHemi

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 07:10:00 AM »
Good Evening, One and All... I am the Daughter of Seldom Seen Slim and would like to thank all of you for posting your thoughts/well-wishes/etc. for my Son, Andrew.  Today he got a wonderful package from Grand Rapids (Michigan) -- a manual!  JB, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Andrew just ordered brakes from CarQuest and has been yelled at to "STOP STARTING THE CAR OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU GET THE OIL CHANGED!"  This is the same child that was frantic about getting a tarp placed over the car because rain was in the forecast...
I was just "approved" as a member of this site (Thanks, Dad!) and will be checking the site (with the kid) to see if any pointers have been posted.  I can't give him too much crap, though - he was just accepted at Michigan Technological University in the College of Engineering (Grandpa Jon's Alma Mater).

Welcome to the forum! I am a current tech student and I hope to meet Andrew and his car when he comes up here.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »
Angela  :-o  are you sure you want him hanging out with a bunch of 60+ year old Juvenile delinquent's  :?  some are also certifiable lechers  :wink: might lead to an overpowering bias toward testosterone biased opinions  :evil:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 10:27:49 AM »
Angela  :-o  are you sure you want him hanging out with a bunch of 60+ year old Juvenile delinquent's  :?  some are also certifiable lechers  :wink: might lead to an overpowering bias toward testosterone biased opinions  :evil:

Maybe true, Sparky, but if I had a cool old Ford like that, I couldn't think of a better forum to be on.

I've always said, "When I grow up, I want to be a kid".  :mrgreen:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 01:19:55 PM »
 :cheers: 

I can remember my mom asking me when I was about 40 when I was going to GROW UP--

I rember telling her that I hoped that wasn't really important to her for if it were  I was probabaly going to disappoint her and I hoped it wasn't going to break her heart! 

MM you are right--about US we care----  I was just being devious  :evil: because I am sure she is having issues with her baby boy growing up and leaving home :-o