Author Topic: Ed Farrell  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Kiwi Paul

Ed Farrell
« on: October 01, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
I thought I would post this, as Jim Snyder has put some Information on the SCTA Website regarding Ed`s declining Health. I was lucky enough to Inspect the Firebird at this years Speed Week, and  couldn`t have asked to have a more terrific bunch to work with. I had remembered Ed`s old 69 Camaro from El Mirage, and he and his wife were pleased that the `new` car would be running at Speed Week at least one more time......My best to all of you......Kiwi Paul....

Offline jimmy six

Re: Ed Farrell
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 11:19:24 AM »
I talked to Jim Snyder Sunday at El Mirage. I had received word that Ed Farrell had passed away last week. He indeed said that was so. He did say that there was to be a memorial service somewhere in Yorba Linda I believe on the 10-29-11 but not sure on that. Ed was a good buddy who had the same GMC disease that I also suffer from. He will be missed.................JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 11:55:06 AM »
RIP Ed Farrell :-(
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 01:07:24 AM »
Well, we`ve lost a good one, that`s for certain. It was my honour to meet, talk, and work with Ed,his lovely wife and Crew at Speed Week this year. Rest in Peace, Ed.... :-(