Author Topic: Memories of BUB 2011  (Read 6828 times)

Offline makr

• I make my own rules
Re: Memories of BUB 2011
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 09:01:52 PM »
I had a great year. Not so much in the going fast department, but I had my dad helping me all week. He has not had the time in the past due to family issues. He pushed started me countless times. Hope I am that tough when I am that age. I grew up going to the salt flats with whole family to watch my father race. He still has one record out of five that still stands...in cars. Cool he could support me this year. I hope to have a better one next year, and really hope he will be there again.

I was grumpy and a pain in the ass all week but he never seemed to take it wrong. Thanks pops. It was a good year no matter what the outcome.

I would also like to thank the volunteers, and everyone else out there. I had a hell of a good time joking with the starters at the RWB gate (where I start). Helpful and fun, and you couldn't go thirsty. Once again, met lots of great people. See you all next year...better prepared.

Ride fast, safety last.

https://speedofcheeseracing.com/

Offline Koncretekid

Re: Memories of BUB 2011
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 08:57:20 AM »
Better late than never.

I just noticed this thread and thought it a good place to thank my crew for the success we had this year.  I regret not meeting a lot of you guys and gals, but it seems that we spent most of our time in line, or in impound (six trips to impound, but of course that's the point of going!), and just didn't get around.  Also, my bike was nearly always in the trailer, so many others didn't get a chance to see it.

The photo I'm posting shows me, the bike, and my crew.  Three of my good friends from high school drove all the way out from Maryland for a reunion.  Unfortunately, my good friend Ralph was too ill (handicapped at age 18 while in the U.S.Marines) to get out of the motor home, so didn't make the photo.  Left to right are Russell, whom I toured Europe with in 1970, Ed, my niece's husband and pit b*tch, Ray, of Colorado and Delaware (high school buddy), and Sue and Doug, my machinist from Longmont, Co. and his wife.  The support from good friends goes a long way towards making such a trip a memory of a lifetime.

Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!