Author Topic: getting salt out of electrical components...  (Read 10564 times)

Offline entropy

Re: getting salt out of electrical components...
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 10:00:48 AM »

bahahahahahahahahahhaa, yup, that would do it.

I was "lucky" after leaving WOS in that we ran into a deluge that lasted for a couple hours.  Outside of car & trailer got drenched.

Tom,
you are from N.S.? 
You do Loring?
Karl

Can I get a barrel of it?  I'm thinking:
     1.)  Rinse bike (or car) thoroughly with water, preferably at Miller Raceway where they have a "firehose" size wash station.
     2.)  Remove tires and seat.
     3.)  Immerse entire vehicle in 1234
     4.)  Blow dry
Seems like that should do it.
Tom

Offline tomsmith

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 11:07:13 AM »
Long ago, Japan Air Lines belly flopped one of their Boeing 707s into the (salt water) bay while trying to land at San Francisco airport. They almost made it, but if they had "landed" 50 ft or so closer to the end of the runway, they would have run into the end of the pier.  As it was, nobody got hurt.  They used LPS1 (many gallons of it) to rinse out and recover the engines.  I've got a couple of cans of LPS1, 2.5 and 3 which is almost gone.  I haven't seen LPS for a few years, but it worked good for me while it lasted.
139mph with no bike, but with speedo and helmet.

Offline tomsmith

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2011, 11:38:17 AM »
I was wrong.  It was a DC-8 and it landed over two miles short.  It was refurbished and stayed in service for 34 more years.  They did use LPS1.
139mph with no bike, but with speedo and helmet.

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 11:56:10 AM »

I was "lucky" after leaving WOS in that we ran into a deluge that lasted for a couple hours.  Outside of car & trailer got drenched.

Tom,
you are from N.S.? 
You do Loring?
Karl

Karl,
Yes, I've lived in Nova Scotia for 38 years.  I now have a house in Colorado as well.  The best of both worlds!  I ran at Loring last year and plan to be there again in July.
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline entropy

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 01:26:45 PM »

Excellent on Loring; TeamFatAzz was there in force last July, i was running a green Busa.
What were you on/in?

We'll be there again this July, love that event AND the lobster fest #4 which will follow it near Bath, Maine.
Come by TFA pits for beer at the end of the day, we ALWAYS have beer!

Tom,
you are from N.S.? 
You do Loring?
Karl

Karl,
Yes, I've lived in Nova Scotia for 38 years.  I now have a house in Colorado as well.  The best of both worlds!  I ran at Loring last year and plan to be there again in July.
Tom