Author Topic: Are you a racer in Orange County (SoCal) that's looking for some shop space?  (Read 6133 times)

Offline NathanStewart

Well I am as well!   :-D

This is as much a wanted ad as it is a for sale ad but what I'm looking for is someone to go thirds (or maybe even quarters) on some shop space here in Orange County.  Here's the back story: my brother is building a new car but it currently resides nearly 3 hours away from where he lives.  If we ever want to get it done we need to get it relocated to somewhere here in Orange County.  I don't really need shop space because I have a pretty decently sized 2 car garage at home but I'm willing to pack all my stuff up and move into a shop with my brother so he can at least have an opportunity to work on his project.  Getting a third person to share a shop with us would certainly lighten the financial load some.

We'd have all the major tools at our disposal (MIG, TIG, plasma, grinders, sanders, saws, etc) if you might be interested in sharing tools or services.  I even have a chassis table that isn't being used. 

I'm in south OC and my brother is in central OC.  We're primarily looking for something between Irvine, Costa Mesa, Orange and Tustin.  Ballpark cost is $250-$350/month.   

Reply here or shoot me a message if you're interested.  Thanks!
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline jww36

Nathan;
Sent you an email. If you did not get it, call me @ 714-427-0835.
John Weatherwax

Offline NathanStewart

Well it only took a year and a half...

Offline Peter Jack

What are the cars we're looking at Nathan? Seems to me we've seen pictures of the two door in your garage but what's the liner?  :? :? :-D

Pete

Offline NathanStewart

That's the car my brother has been building (see first post).  It was specifically built to run our bangers in.  Hoping for 200 with the turbo flathead.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
NS

It took me about the same amount of time to find a suitable shop that I could afford and still have a few bucks to eat and buy parts. Looks like a nice shop.

Can't just show us the pictures, we gotta know what the plan is. Looks like an import motor in one, what is the story on the liner?

Good luck,

Bill

ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline NathanStewart

WD, the liner is my younger brother's project.  I think he and my dad started building it at least 5 or 6 years ago.  Goal was to be first to go 200 with a blown four banger flathead but someone has already done that so now the goal is to break the existing records.  The car was built to accept any engine and my brother has hopes of going 300 one day.  As you can see it's in roller form right now.  It's largely based on Kent Richie's car which I believe was originally built by Howard Nafzger who also built the Nearburg streamliner.  Kent was kind enough to donate some carbon fiber body panels and the chassis was built to fit that form.  My brother's car is a little bit different in the cage but will look very similar to Kent's car.  We've obviously still got a ton of work to do but we're hoping to have it together in the next year or so.

The tudor sedan is my car.  It's a '29 Model A that I bought back in 2008 and have slowly been building to what you see now.  I decided I wanted to build a street car first before a race car so I can have something to play with and enjoy more regularly.  I built the chassis starting with a pair of frame rails and added in everything from there.  The engine is a GM Ecotec and this particular engine actually came out of a Saab.  As you can see the motor is turbocharged so I went with the Saab motor because it's factory turbo'd and as such, has better rods, lower compression ratio, better cams, etc, and will be a good starting point for a 400hp 2.0L engine.  I obviously still have a ton of work to do too.  Next on my list is a cowl steering arrangement and then I need to add in some additional bodies mounts where the rear of the frame comes up into the body.  I'd love to be able to drive this car to Bonneville one day.   

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Congratulations guys we will be following---pls remember the camera!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline mkilger

Nathan, how long have you been building the liner without a rule book , good luck in tech ha ha ha  :evil:

Offline NathanStewart

what is this "rule book" you speak of?   :-P

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
It's the paper object found in most racers bathrooms..... the flat one not the round one. :-D
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
Nathan

Thanks for the update. Two great projects.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Stan Back

That sedan seems to have excess height.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Kiwi Paul

I believe that only the Mercury Sedans of that year have the lower roof line, Stan...... :roll: :-D

Offline NathanStewart

That sedan seems to have excess height.

fixing the excess height problem is the last thing on my list of many things to do.  but yeah, it'll get chopped.