Author Topic: Thanks to the volunteers!  (Read 4807 times)

Offline oldracer19

• Plan B Racing
Thanks to the volunteers!
« on: September 19, 2011, 10:33:12 PM »
We had a great time at WOS, thanks to all who worked hard to make this years event a lot of fun!    :cheers:
"because plan A never works"

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
Re: Thanks to the volunteers!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:57:54 PM »
I'll second that, though I was unable to attend this year.

WOS maintains a really relaxed atmosphere -  the room rates remain reasonable, it's not as hot, and the volunteers are a world class bunch who bust their hump to make the event, well, world class.

Two years ago, they welcomed the Healey team which brought some Brit car fans to the salt who would probably never have experienced it.  This year, they made their event available to the T-2011 team from Granite Falls High School.  You've got the 130 and 150 clubs, you've got the VW thing going on - they've found some unique angles to keep it fun and interesting without making it crazy.

Yes, as we found in '09 and this year, the weather is less likely to cooperate than in August, but they work around it - by WORKING around it.

To the volunteers  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

All the salt, without the hypertension.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Leadfoot

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 11:52:15 AM »
I to want to give a shout out to all the volunters and officials at the WOS. Everyone treated us great and from what I can tell the meet was a great success. So thanks to you USFRA !!!!!! Gary Spencer Car 630

Offline basher13

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 09:36:30 PM »
Thanks to the USFRA and everyone involved at WOS. Special thanks to Wayno for stopping my dad before he ran into the mountains!
Ran 119 and change in the 130 club and had a great time
Dan
118.780mph in a stock(ish) Studebaker

Offline Kartman

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 09:00:48 AM »
I wish to the thank the USFRA for putting on a fine event. It was my dream for many years to come to the Salt Flats. When I found out about the 130mph Club I started making plans two years ago. We drove 1600 miles from Milwaukee in my 2006 Dodge Charger, averaged 23.7 mpg, and ran 136.58 mph to get in the Club. It was an awesome experience. Everyone I spoke to was freindly and helpful. Thanks for helping make my dreams come true.

Tom Disch
2006 Dodge Charger
T45

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 09:37:14 AM »
Tom, you know they have a 150 club too  :evil:  you are just 13.5 short and you get another  mile....

Adding my thanks as well, it is always a great meet and you get to see old friends... and young friends... as the song says
"... see you in September"
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Schruiber

• Granite Falls High School Eco Car Teams
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »
A very BIG thank you to USFRA and its members/volunteers from all on the Granite Falls High School T2011 team for the warm welcome, for helping us to achieve a huge milestone in our program and making the experience a lot of fun - we now have great memories and talk is already about 2012!

I'd better send some kids to the school nurse, they might have Salt Fever  :-D

Michael
T-2011 - Granite Falls HS UrbanAutos Diesel - 31.16668MPH over the measured mile  at WoS 2011.

Offline TAKERRY

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 12:09:28 PM »
Tom
I totally agree with you. The USFRA were wonderfull. They even gave my buddy a press pass so he could take some awesome shots. I drove from Chcago, 79T/A 17MPG not bad. Ran 134.65 had to take my foot out of it, didn't want to break out. Noticed it's better to run first thing in the A.M. Now I have a problem!
Need to step up to 150. Looking at roll bar, fire suit, etc. Pulling out the interior next month. I got the fever and can't stop myself. A little concerned about driveshafts. Saw 2 let go at the w of speed. Anyway thanks again to everyone
Kerry Friedman
White 79 T/A black hood T61
No trailer ran 135mph at the World of Speed 2011 see you in 2012 in Ohio and back at Bonneville at the world of speed going for the 150club 1979 Firebird T/A White . Ck out YOU TUBE. KERRY AT BONNEVILLE. Didn't  make 2012,2013,2014. ECTA in Ohio 2012 trans went out and 2013 fuel problems . Still trans and fuel problems. Finally all looks good. Ready to drive (no trailer) 1500 miles to Bonneville and It's cancelled. NEXT YEAR. SEPT. ECTA RAN 144 MPH. GETTING BETTER. 2021 Ran 152 fulfilled a ten year dream to make the 150 club.

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 03:52:32 PM »
May I echo the feeling of those who have started this thread that the USFRA folk were very kind to Jane and myself from the time we reached lands end on day one to leaving ahead of the rain at lunch time Friday. [Sorry Ellen we did not take the rain away to Las Vegas, but met some along the way]. 
USFRA - Your 25th WoS was a great meeting and I look forward to reading Pork Pies report which will be published in Fast FACTS for our members.  Jane and Malcolm Pittwood, Editorial team, Speed Record Club Newsletter.
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.