Author Topic: - 1985 Honda VF1000R -  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Warp12

- 1985 Honda VF1000R -
« on: September 07, 2011, 02:52:09 PM »
1985 VF1000R. This bike has been garage kept. I purchased it about 8.5 years ago; it had been in a relatively minor front collision. I replaced most of the front bodywork. The upper was purchased new and is a 1986 fairing. The fuel tank is a Euro-spec model. I also have a dual headlight conversion for it. At the time of purchase it had 17k miles, it now has 23500 miles on it.

Unfortunately I started taking it apart to do minor restoration about 4.5 years ago and it has sat since. It will need gone over, carbs rebuilt, fluids changed, etc. Basically a restoration effort typical for a 25 year-old machine. But this one is clean, garage kept, no rust, etc...

The bodywork alone was about $2k new. I have the pictured f2 wheel for conversion purposes, along with the original comstar type. The shock was rebuilt by Daugherty and a ride-height adjustment added.

Even though this bike needs some work to get going, you won't find many that have spent their lives in a garage as this one has. I would like to get $1600 for it, as it sits.

Here is how it sits now:

Before I took it apart:

I'm not interested in any ultra-lowball offers. I'd like to find someone who will restore and appreciate the machine. Would also consider a ZX-14 motor in trade.

Located in Virginia.

Shane