Author Topic: Flatliners Speed Society contact info  (Read 3071 times)

Offline saltracer1

Flatliners Speed Society contact info
« on: September 05, 2011, 08:37:30 PM »
Does anyone have contact information for the guys that run #1945 Flatliners Speed Society car? I have some questions about block fill, I seem to remember they run water in their heads only. thanks

Offline saltracer1

Re: Flatliners Speed Society contact info
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 06:26:10 PM »
bump this back up to the top, somebody has to know these guys. I believe they held a few records with their car. From Minnesota, I think.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 08:13:44 PM »
Here is a link to an article from 1995 when the car was first built. It gives the names of some of the guys, but that was 23 years ago.

Tom G.

https://www.postbulletin.com/racing-into-the-past-nostalgia-at-miles-an-hour/article_898d7035-ac04-57b2-a420-c2259bc631fc.html
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline saltracer1

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 09:35:28 PM »
looks like Dave Martin is the guy I want to talk to. From that article you posted...........

"Dave Martin of Rochester is 52 and retired from a career spent installing telephone equipment for AT&T.

; He now rebuilds ``flathead'' Ford engines as a hobby and is heavily involved in getting the engine ready for this venture."

thanks, Phil