Author Topic: Spin Question  (Read 37366 times)

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Re: Spin Question
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2011, 12:07:09 PM »
Sometimes the easiest thing to change is the "nut behind the wheel" steering wheel that is!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Tman

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2011, 01:02:04 PM »
I gotta ask, who was driving the Jesel car this year..................I think I know the answer.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2011, 06:47:15 PM »
Jimmy Shine was the driver and he's seen much more success than the previous driver. As big a jerk as I am, I don't think it's the driver.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2011, 07:02:08 PM »
The spins this year were after he lifted, (did not drive into the chute)
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Tman

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2011, 07:57:49 PM »
Jimmy Shine was the driver and he's seen much more success than the previous driver. As big a jerk as I am, I don't think it's the driver.

Stan

At least he's consistant year to year! :-D :cheers:

Yup, that was my guess.  :evil:

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2011, 09:41:57 PM »
He held on to nail the record a year ago, I think it was.  We had it off and on in maybe for the last 8 of the 10 years, off and on.  Now it's 20 MPH faster.  Still think we have one of the best set-ups out there.  But with our '92 motor, we may be lagging on the HP end.

The coolest thing is getting it back.

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2011, 09:51:42 PM »
Hey Stan, don't be bad mouthing their "PREVIOUS DRIVER", another San Berdoo racer from MY day!

Yer's truly's bettin' on the car, though.

Maybe it's the cam drive! (Only the world's best).
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »
He held on to nail the record a year ago, I think it was.  We had it off and on in maybe for the last 8 of the 10 years, off and on.  Now it's 20 MPH faster.  Still think we have one of the best set-ups out there.  But with our '92 motor, we may be lagging on the HP end.

Stan Back

...............records I guess , in that way, are a little like the reproductive act, sure , you can keep breaking your own "mark" but there's nothing like a little "to-and-fro" to keep it interesting.  :-D
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2011, 11:06:29 PM »
Trent, if you only know Jimmy from television, that's one thing. He's always acted real good around me. His Dad was a friend of my Brother's 45 years ago and a genuine hot rodder. By the way, it was good to see you again at Speedweek this year.  :cheers: Wayno

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2011, 11:47:28 PM »
He's the tatood guy with his hat pulled own to his ears.

Jimmie JESSIE!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline Tman

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2011, 10:13:28 AM »
Trent, if you only know Jimmy from television, that's one thing. He's always acted real good around me. His Dad was a friend of my Brother's 45 years ago and a genuine hot rodder. By the way, it was good to see you again at Speedweek this year.  :cheers: Wayno

Never saw him on TV. In fact we don't have TV! :-D He spent some time around us when he was here in town a few years ago. :wink:

Yes, it was nice to chat again albeit briefly.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:50:49 AM by Tman »

Offline Tman

« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2011, 10:52:10 AM »

Stan Back

There any current pictures of your car? I think I have one saved but cant find it.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Tman

« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2011, 11:22:50 AM »
Thamks Mike, I remembered that thread but did not go looking for it yet! :cheers:

Offline jww36

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2011, 05:07:13 PM »
I gotta tell you, the internet is a marvelous thing. I'm mathmatically (among other things) challenged, and I was trying to come up with a formula to give you weight percentages on my roadster (front to rear, etc.). I realize now it is a simple formula. But when you don't yet have that formula... well. So I go online and ask Google to find the formula for me, and boom we're good. But better yet was a go-kart website (yes, go-kart) I found that literelly did it for you. It asks you (input) Total kart weight. I put in 3500 pounds (world's heaviest go-kart), as that is what I think total weight of my car should be after adding weight. It then asks % front, which I input 45%. It then asks % left, which I put in 52%, and then it asks % cross, and I input 51%. Press Enter and Bless you Baby Jesus, it not only shows weight of each corner, but also percentage of each corner. In my case 806.4 on left front (23.04%), 768.6 on right front (21.96%), 1016.4 on left rear (29.04%), and 908.6 on right rear (25.96%). What all these numbers mean and how they will balance the car, I don't have a frick'in clue! But it does give me something to think about at 3 o'clock in the morning between pee's.
John