Author Topic: WTB: 28-29 Model A Roadster Body  (Read 15662 times)

Offline Roadster943

Re: WTB: 28-29 Model A Roadster Body
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 12:28:36 PM »

Sounds like a great opurtunity for Stan to give a young guy a hand up! Stan we are all waiting for some words of wisdom and deep thoughts that you are known for.
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 12:54:34 PM »

Sounds like a great opurtunity for Stan to give a young guy a hand up! Stan we are all waiting for some words of wisdom and deep thoughts that you are known for.

I thought this site had language filters..... :evil:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »
Well guys sorry to disappoint but I am going to stick with the sedan body I already have after all.  This is my first hot rod that I'm building for the street and the body is way too nice to replace with a lesser quality roadster body.

After this past Speed Week though I have an itchin' to build a roadster to run at the lakes.  I'd be gunnin' for the G gas/fuel blown/unblown roadster/modified roadster records.  It'll be a long time before anything happens because the sedan has to get "finished" first (at least on the road and drivable... don't know that it'll ever be "finished") before I can even think about a second project. 

My wife is going to kill me.   
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Bville701

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 09:20:23 PM »
Well guys sorry to disappoint but I am going to stick with the sedan body I already have after all.  This is my first hot rod that I'm building for the street and the body is way too nice to replace with a lesser quality roadster body.

After this past Speed Week though I have an itchin' to build a roadster to run at the lakes.  I'd be gunnin' for the G gas/fuel blown/unblown roadster/modified roadster records.  It'll be a long time before anything happens because the sedan has to get "finished" first (at least on the road and drivable... don't know that it'll ever be "finished") before I can even think about a second project. 

My wife is going to kill me.   

LOL! Post some pics of the build so that we can see what you're doing before the wife kills you...    :cheers:
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

Offline Freud

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 11:08:22 PM »
Post some pictures of your wife. She may need some help.

A widow with a good body could be worth helping.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 04:25:51 PM »
LOL! Post some pics of the build so that we can see what you're doing before the wife kills you...    :cheers:

Okay here's what I'm working on...

Brought it home in Oct 2008 as a full fendered roller that someone started to build back in the 60's.

I knew all along that I wanted to put my A sedan on a '32 frame so I drew everything up before starting on anything.

Then I built a frame table in my garage and got to work.

Engine is a GM Ecotec.  Going to be turbocharged.

Modeled up the turbo and exhaust manifold in SolidWorks.

Got the chassis off the frame table and here it sits mocked up at ride height. 

I don't have any wheels for it yet because the Early Wheel Company has taken a year to build be a set of steel wheels.   :x

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 05:27:24 PM »
Cowl steering?  :-(

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 06:18:56 PM »
Yes.  :-)  Old F1 box with the pitman arm inside the cowl and a blister to cover everything up.

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 03:31:54 PM »
FWIW, I put the body on the frame over Labor Day weekend and it looks pretty bitchin' so the sedan body shall be kept and I'm no longer looking for a roadster although I never had anyone offer me one anyways.

The build continues...

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 10:45:16 PM »
Should I send you the School Supplies list then?.... :-D :-D

Offline Roadster943

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 10:56:45 PM »

Looking very good! the 4 cyl is cool. I think a good decision to build the sedan.
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger

Offline Tman

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 02:10:18 PM »
Thats rad! You need to post it up on the HAMB, just dont talk about the mill until it is burning up the hides and all will be forgiven! :cheers: