Author Topic: Motorcycle crash helmet specification  (Read 11231 times)

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
Re: Motorcycle crash helmet specification
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 02:00:47 PM »
Sorry old chap dont understand your banter
Top hole. Bally Jerry pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

Its going to be snell rated though really...... aint it

TTFN Wing Commander Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 02:17:26 PM »
I have raced three times at Speed Week, and only had trouble with my Arai in 2000. Even then, the tech guys saw sense when I pointed out that Roberts, Doohan, Rainey et al all used them in Grand Prix. The last twice they just recognised that my Shoei was UK, in date and ACU approved and passed it. The ACU racing spec is higher than Snell. Nuff said.
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!

Offline Buzz Lightbeer

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 03:44:56 PM »
Thanks Guttley thats what I thought, but its a long way to go to fail Tech Inspection :-(.
I will email the necessary people to get confirmation that I can use my Arai next year, cant wait to get back on the salt again :-D

Offline dw230

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 03:11:59 PM »
Ask the tech guys to add the FIM/ACU spec to the rulebook. We had the FIA spec added to the car side for 2011.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth