Author Topic: Helmet Support Rule  (Read 8887 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Helmet Support Rule
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 01:49:53 PM »
  Ohmygawd Tony, my sunburned eyes just recovered enough to see your new avitar......................  the eigth wonder of the world!!!!!          :-o :-o

Bob Drury

Offline jl222

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 02:24:26 PM »
JL222, I am going to make the seat and incorporate the sides for the shoulders, legs and helmet.  I just don't like the NASCAR (fine for NASCAR) seats, I am looking at more of a seat with ergonomics of the driver in mind. I think it will also be better for using  a HANS type restraint also.  But I was really amazed at all the problems that many coupes had, including the one I was helping on.  :-o Tony

Tony...I was referring to the Nascar helmet side restraints not the seat. they seem to be well padded and extend forward
enough and I believe can be purchased separately from seat.

After shelling 0ut $400 + for correct SFI 45.2 spec padding [pg 27] and observing just a flat plate on one lakester
it really #$%$#%$ me off. Especialy after having to move and modify it from last year.

JL222

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 02:53:09 PM »
 JL222, I was also referring to them as well, but we are going to build them into the seat.  I can understand your frustration as there isn't any consistency with this particular rule. It seems that it varies from car to car and event to event.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 10:57:35 AM »
Not that I would ever accuse anyone of revenge, after all the hell I raised about this subject on our site, I pulled up to tech, where Steve Davies opened a new inspection line just for my car out in the sun, between the two covered canopies.
  After letting us bake for a half hour, he finally sent one inspector over and all went well, but I almost passed out by the time I did my bailout (SFI 20 suit).
  Strange as it seems, their were no more than one car in each covered lnspection lane while I baked.
  Some day I will have to buy Steve a beer while we have a really, really serious talk..............
                                                                       Bob

Bob, I had a similar bad experience with an inspector who used inappropriate language, talked down to myself, my crew and 70 year old father, and acted wildly unprofessional (even with kids around). So much so that a SCTA official pull him away from the situation (*thank you BTW if you are reading this, I wanted to come back and and thank you again but couldnt find you).

Our actual inspectors were fine, no probs and they found some important items. This person wasnt even our inspector but came over when they seen it was us and started berating us before our inspectors even started or even got our car apart!

I am not going to name names on a public forum for fear of further issues, but make no mistake what you say here WILL have a direct affect on your experience in tech, depending on the inspector and what was said.

We have NEVER experienced a level of inappropriate behavior from all of our years running.
We were so pizzed about it we have decided not to run SW anymore and give WOS or WF and chance.

~JH

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 11:28:40 AM »
What makes you feel there will be different personnel at WF (of WOS)?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 11:50:29 AM »
  Stan, it's not really a personel problem, every one is hot and tired, including the inspector's.
  It just seem's that once in a while you get one with a real "attitude problem" who need's a time out.
  This is understandable, but it sure takes the fun out one's day.
  In my case, although my lone inspector (Mike) was great to deal with, he was not qualified to inspect vehicles over 200 mph, and when he said so to Steve and also added that "it's out in the sun", Steve told him to do it anyway, get some one else to sign off, and promised he would only have to do "this one car out in the sun".
  Thank's to Fogie for signing off after I did my bailout.
  My final statement on this subject is that anyone who know's me know's that I have never been afraid to speak my mind on any subject to anyone, and if as a result I suffer consequences from someone of lesser integrety, so be it.                   Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 11:51:17 AM »
What makes you feel there will be different personnel at WF (of WOS)?

Fewer witnesses. LOL  
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 02:43:16 PM »
... and there are some from the witness protection program.  :-o Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”