Author Topic: Is speed demon running thier bigger engine this year?  (Read 4685 times)

Offline mc1984ss

Is speed demon running thier bigger engine this year?
« on: August 12, 2011, 12:24:22 PM »
Unfortunately I was unable to make the trek west this year to attend speedweek. Not to long ago I saw some semi recent pictures of the Speed Demon and if I remember right it had 2 turbos on it instead of the usuall 1. Also if i remember correctly from last year he was going to be running a bigger motor this year, (349 ci vs 299 ci) if I remember correctly. Just curious any info is greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance for anyone that posts any info or pictures of this weeks events enjoy yourselves and be safe!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 02:41:17 PM by mc1984ss »

Offline hutchamatic

Re: Is speed demon running thier bigger engine this year?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 06:09:37 PM »
Yes
Team Speed Demon

Offline Freud

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 11:13:14 PM »
I can't give you any speeds, check SCTA site, but they are in impound tonight.

FREUD
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:35:58 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 12:53:50 AM »
Speed Demon made a run earlier today and turned out about a half-mile down the course.  That aborted run was an electrical gremlin, I hear.

Later on George drove the car fast - I think it was another 410++, and again, I think using the C engine, and sure enough they're in impound.  I talked with a couple of the crew, including Nate Jones, and they were happy and sure not stressed about much.  No details other than that.  I'll see if I can get some more in the morning.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline charlie101

• Indian 101 buff
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 03:44:04 AM »
On the pic at (totally cool pix) it looks like the car is jacked up a lot in the rear or is it only on deccleration it is like that?

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 11:43:18 PM »
Speed Demon looks higher in the rear because the skirt only extends about 2/3 the length of the vehicle (ends just under the letter "p") and the tail tapers upward:

I wouldn't call it "jacked up", but because of those things, it appears to have a bit of a rake to it.

Another thing...they got the D class record (D/BFS) as car number 1715.  I didn't see 'em change motors, but it seems like they did cuz they were originally entered as C/BGS with the 347" motor.  Apparently they switched to the 299" "Hellfire" motor and also switched from gas to fuel.  Reading over some of the other posts, it looks like they got both the C and D records, both in BFS.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:54:49 PM by RayTheRat »