Author Topic: On the Scene at SpeedWeek 2011  (Read 209740 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: On the Scene at SpeedWeek 2011
« Reply #375 on: August 22, 2011, 11:20:22 PM »
  While we were gassing up to leave for home, the EMT rig pulled in to fill up.
  I asked them about emergencies on the salt and they said other than the fatal heart attack, they had one pit incident and one racer injury which looked worse than it turned out to be, so congratulation's to all the racer's and for the SCTA/BNI for a very well planned and run meet.
                                                          Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Dave Haller

« Reply #376 on: August 24, 2011, 09:58:59 PM »
Only at the salt Bob, only at the salt. What a great bunch of folks, fellow racers and speed freaks. Glad your home safe. :lol:

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #377 on: August 24, 2011, 11:20:29 PM »
Guys.... we had a blast... maybe not the fastest speedweek we've ever had.... but we set a record ....

Qualified at 32.414mph
Back up at  32.425mph

record 32.419mph.... on 2 chambers... F blown Fuel Classic Altered....

Oh and the guys you were thinking about getting close to 3 bills are   Eaker Stanger and Lingenfelter  they ran 293 right before it flew with Gary Eaker at the wheel...

He currently owns Aerodyn wind tunnel in Charlotte

K
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #378 on: August 24, 2011, 11:29:08 PM »
should I guess that they had really good aero #s

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #379 on: August 24, 2011, 11:57:06 PM »
That was back when Gary was the primary aerodynamicist for GM.... and he had the 3rd gen under .20   So yeah it was slick .....

K
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #380 on: August 25, 2011, 12:15:05 AM »
I take it you mean literally not figuratively 

Jeez only took 3 times to get close enough for spell check to pick up the right word  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #381 on: August 25, 2011, 10:50:27 PM »
Glad to see she made the second pass Kieth!  Think she is ready for the standing mile now?   :cheers:

Offline k.h.

« Reply #382 on: August 29, 2011, 10:46:05 AM »
I'm the guy who didn't make it to Speedweek to help Jon with webcasting audio for ya'll.  However, I have certainly experienced what is clear to many, that the Land Racing community is first class.  The little guy in the photo is the one who went in for eye surgery Friday before the racing started.  It was successful and he's all healed up.  The ugly guy holding him has lost most of the hair on his coco from medical treatments.  That would be me.  And I'm doing well, too.  As it happens, I was out to the Seattle area to visit family earlier this month, staying in Mukilteo where my sister lives with her shop owner hubby, Ed's Automotive and Machine.  He does race motors and had the Buzzard Bait 897 C/GC Camaro motor on his dyno.  I was expecting to see their car run during Speedweek. 

It didn't happen, I cancelled on Jon at the last minute.  But, the Buzzard Bait crew from Enumclaw gathered an assortment of shirts and had a 2010-2012 Calendar signed by a whole bunch of VERY gracious people there on the salt for the race.  I'm humbled.  What an incredibly nice thing to do for me and for the boy. 

I wish to thank all of the folks who were so generous in thinking of us:  Buzzard Bait, Bean Bandits, Four Aces, Spirits of the Lakes, Black Creek Racing, and each and every one who signed the calendar.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

Offline Freud

« Reply #383 on: August 29, 2011, 01:19:22 PM »
k.h...... Mukilteo is about 8 miles from where I live. I'll figure out a way to find ED.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #384 on: August 29, 2011, 01:58:58 PM »
Are they running???? :?
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline k.h.

« Reply #385 on: August 29, 2011, 02:27:11 PM »
Those teams were all at Speedweek, not sure which ran on records, 'cause I wasn't.

Doc Freud, Ed has been building race engines around your area for 40 years, K-boats with George Woods driving and several world boat records from the FIN (Nautical), years of sprint cars, drag engines, engine builds for vintage sports car racing, now doing engines for piston unlimited hydroplanes and those sprint boats that run in ditches.  He's out on 44th West, I'll pm you his home number & address. 

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

penny

« Reply #386 on: October 03, 2011, 05:42:51 AM »
I have been asked numerouse times ,how big is Bonneville .  Is there at anytime been  any numbers given of attendances , spectators  , entrant /crew numbers and course officials , caterers . Im thinking totals on the salt . thanks paul from australia

Offline JeePy

• New folks
« Reply #387 on: November 09, 2011, 09:28:17 PM »
Wow .. I'm a new member and I just spend 2 hours going through this trend .. specially like the motorcycles pic and post .. Girlfriend is mad at me ... Hahaha