Author Topic: On the Scene at SpeedWeek 2011  (Read 209727 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: On the Scene at SpeedWeek 2011
« Reply #360 on: August 21, 2011, 08:04:09 PM »
And Blowfish is certaintly the equal of all others last week.

DW

One of the best built and running cars on the salt. :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
2 Club Man of the Year Glen Barrett
« Reply #361 on: August 21, 2011, 09:08:13 PM »
Glen Barrett Man of the Year

http://litehousellc.com/

Digital Signage
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline UltraCarbonFiber

• www.RacingComposites.net
« Reply #362 on: August 21, 2011, 09:15:26 PM »
Well it's not salt footage but I figured someone might get a kick out of our experience at the bend in the road last week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qATdVA2Psd8
Still working on operating our new camera so I'm sorry about the shaking camera in spots. If you usually camp at the bend but missed this year this will show you what you missed. If you were camping at the bend you just might be in this video. Good times no matter what mother nature drops out of the sky. Oh ya you might have seen our family that night washing off in the truck stop hose LOL. Some of us were too dirty to go in the store to pay for a shower :-P 
Adam Weeks
Ultra Carbon Fiber
Composite Fabrication - Specializing in Vacuum Infusion Process

Here to learn!

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #363 on: August 21, 2011, 10:09:08 PM »
Best line of the year "dad, this is so worth it!"
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Tman

« Reply #364 on: August 21, 2011, 10:13:32 PM »
Well it's not salt footage but I figured someone might get a kick out of our experience at the bend in the road last week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qATdVA2Psd8
Still working on operating our new camera so I'm sorry about the shaking camera in spots. If you usually camp at the bend but missed this year this will show you what you missed. If you were camping at the bend you just might be in this video. Good times no matter what mother nature drops out of the sky. Oh ya you might have seen our family that night washing off in the truck stop hose LOL. Some of us were too dirty to go in the store to pay for a shower :-P 

Fuckin Idiots tearing up shit! That will get the bend closed. I wished I had my 12 loaded with salt when the VW and quad guys started doing brodies by us!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #365 on: August 21, 2011, 10:22:09 PM »
A full can of unopened beer (would work pretty good)  :evil:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline oldrodder

« Reply #366 on: August 21, 2011, 10:37:24 PM »
 :x hope those idiots stay home next year.  BLM is just looking for an excuse to ban us all.
if it has an engine, i like it

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #367 on: August 22, 2011, 12:29:15 AM »
We must be "self policing", so remember to use police "loads".

Offline Tudors Performance

• New folks
    • Tudors Powersport-Services
« Reply #368 on: August 22, 2011, 02:56:32 AM »
 :cheers: To David Boultwood New 200 MPH Club Member & Rider of The 3974B Boultwood Tudor Womack Sandin 1350CC M-BF Bike!
Old Record 212.241 New Record 214.092. You got the "RED HAT"... woohoo!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:01:32 AM by Tudors Performance »
Race Engine Builder & Load Control Dyno Tuning Center. We Build NA, Turbo and Nitrous Motorcycle Engines. 951.549.0771

Offline joea

« Reply #369 on: August 22, 2011, 10:49:32 AM »
Tudor....GREAT job...great pic....super effort..!!!WTG

Joe :)

Offline JoeRider677

• FOIL HAT RACING - BIKES BUILT BETTER
    • Bikes Built Better
« Reply #370 on: August 22, 2011, 01:25:32 PM »
WOW that's all I can say about Speed week. Jon, thanks for all you insight and opinions, it was great to meet you in person! We were too busy to sit back and enjoy what was going on. My bike and my team, we knocked down four 500cc records and learned a lot about the bike and what to do on the salt. Landracing.com is totally invaluable, what I learned to prepare and how to act and the general. I'm glad that I took the advice I found here.

SAVE THE SALT
Foil Hat Racing
Bikes Built Better
SCTA Records 2011   ECTA 2013
MPS-BG   120.507     M-BF 140.507    
MPS-BF   141.236      M-BG 146.19
M-BG      118.674      MPS-BG 165.01
M-BF      132.905       MPS-BF 170.32
LTA 2013
1 mile - MPS-BG 174.341
1.5 Mile-MPS-BG 184.09
ECTA 2014
M-BG 155.38
M-BF 149.00
MPS-BG 175.57
MPS-BF 185.33
SCTA 2014
---
---
---
---
How hard do you practice when no one is watching

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #371 on: August 22, 2011, 04:37:23 PM »
  Well, in a effort to outdo everyone else, I decided to have both my tow vehicle and my race car and trailer towed out on to the salt.
  It seem's the truck's engine was only good for 740 of the 750 miles needed from Vancouver, Wa. to Wendover.
  Friday morning I bummed a ride out to the salt with Mr. Tow (a really nice guy), and while I set up our pit and unloaded the car, two of my crew and about five or six people (most of who's names I don't even know) pulled the dead bullet out of the truck.
  After about four hours and fifty phone calls, I located a fresh rebuilt long block in Phoenix, Az.
  Meanwhile two of my crew guys found out that if you cut up mudflap brackets (sorry Dennis) and buy muffler brackets you can adapt a push bar to fit a side by side ATV.
  Sunday we got the car teched in and aborted our first pass at the 1 mile (stuck poppet valve in fuel system).
  Monday the engine shipped to SLC and we aborted at the 1 mile again (green stuff growing in magneto cap).
  Tuesday came off the line and had it sideways in 1st gear (see Youtube Speedweek 2011), somehow got it straightened and still ran 232 spinning the tires thru third gear.
  The crew all had to leave Wednesday, but great friend Lionel Pitts and I drove into Salt Lake City and picked up the new bullet.
  Thursday morning,  Montana Mike Wesche helped Lionel and I put the motor in.
  Friday Lionel and I worked until dark and drove the whole enchelada off the salt at 9p.m. making us the last people at Speedweek 2011.
  We left Wendover at 7 s.m. Saturday and pulled into Vancouver at 11 p.m. Saturday night.
  It was one hell of a experience, and I met so many new friend's and good people in Wendover that I would do it again in a , well a while down the road.
  Thanx again to Lionel Pitts, MIke Wesche, Mr. Tow and all the people who told me that MY Studebaker made their day........................  Bob Drury
                                                             OLd Stud Racing
Bob Drury

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #372 on: August 22, 2011, 06:57:46 PM »
Green stuff growing the Magneto cap??? Winter maintenence :?
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #373 on: August 22, 2011, 07:54:43 PM »
  J.D., what's worse is that I have a front mount offset drive Magneto which is the easiest access piece of the entire motor.....................  betcha that won't happen to me again........ :-P
Bob Drury

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #374 on: August 22, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »
Bob---Really glad you two made it back home. I saw you prepping the new motor for the Truck late Wednesday...we had to deal with the#81 Lakester spin, and then close the Salt (Pit Nazi Duty) that night, then left really early in the Roadster Thursday AM...Got a progress report from Briz Friday.....