Author Topic: 130 Club Monte Carlo lives!  (Read 17508 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: 130 Club Monte Carlo lives!
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2011, 10:15:01 PM »
The thing is all rules are the minimum requirements. Other safety improvements are up to the builder. This where I think it's something each one should look at over and above the rules. There are probably a lot of things that each vehicle can better if they feel it's needed. Walking through inspection at speed week one sees many things that the inspectors ask for fixes on or additional supports etc.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2011, 11:00:56 PM »
Agreed Glen, That is why I cruise this site and all of the forums on it looking for ideas such as the rear drive shaft loop. Being a safety, health, and enviro. manager by trade, the rule or requirement is only the starting point. Maybe the statement "The rules are only a starting point" should be at the top of all of the pages for the different speed associations rule books. Now, Back to Ray.... :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline dw230

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2011, 11:07:52 PM »
Do you mean something like the first paragraph on page 6?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 11:07:55 PM »
Well, Ray's definitely gonna have a rear loop when the thing goes back together.  I spose I otta take a half-day next SW and just hang out around the tech inspectors.  I like that idea, Glen.  I'm not sure the inspectors will enjoy havin my camera goin "click, click, click" all the time, but we'll work something out.  :)

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »
DW, I mean on every page as some folk seem to forget after a paragraph or two. Ray, I found that as long as your not in thier ear when you go click, click, click they don't mind too much. P.S since I have a torque arm on the camaro. I think I'll mount the safety loop to that. man this stuff gets the brain out of first gear. :-)
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline SaltRat

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2011, 08:34:40 AM »
A day in the tech tent should be a must!  One might learn something (I know I learned more than I could absorb) and its IS highly entertaining!

"The thing is all rules are the minimum requirements. Other safety improvements are up to the builder. This where I think it's something each one should look at over and above the rules. There are probably a lot of things that each vehicle can better if they feel it's needed. Walking through inspection at speed week one sees many things that the inspectors ask for fixes on or additional supports etc. "
SaltRat
When (if?) this baby hits 88mph, you'll see some serious poo.

Offline Tman

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2011, 09:52:23 AM »
Well, Ray's definitely gonna have a rear loop when the thing goes back together.  I spose I otta take a half-day next SW and just hang out around the tech inspectors.  I like that idea, Glen.  I'm not sure the inspectors will enjoy havin my camera goin "click, click, click" all the time, but we'll work something out.  :)

I hung over Nathans shoulder for a while on Friday this year, at his request. I learned a ton watching a handfull cars go through tech, should have done more.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2011, 10:26:22 AM »
Looks like I got my "marching orders" for inspection day at SW.  :)