Author Topic: Internet broadcast  (Read 112346 times)

Offline Larrys24

• New folks
Internet broadcast
« on: July 28, 2011, 02:45:43 PM »
Will their be anything on the internet for SW 2011?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Internet broadcast
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »
I sure hope we'll get it working.  Somewhere on this Forum there's a more detailed run-down of what we'll try to do -- but suffice it to say here that we hope to have live streaming audio during the event.  It'll be through this site -- www.landracing.com
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 10:14:20 PM »
Jon:
That is great, my boys will like that. They are 10 and not quite old enough for 14 days on the road. But soon I will have them out to the salt.
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 12:51:15 AM »
I'll be there with my Canons blazing.  :) I'll do my best to get some good shots and upload 'em as often as I can.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 01:08:45 AM »
That's one way to create the necessary incentive Ray. :-D :-D :-D

Congratulations.

Pete

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 06:32:04 PM »
Nothing like reviving an old thread instead of starting anew.

We expect to be at Speedweek with the audio, unlike last season when everyone got to attend but me.  Sniffle.

Friday our Landracing.com resident attending audio doctor, Milwaukee Midget, stopped by the garage with a few things to bring out for the meet and very graciously took the time to do a 3 hour consultation, surgery, stitching up and an intensive road test of the growing collection of pawn shop bits, craigslist findings, truck stop CB, eBay refurbished computers, Radio Shack connecting wires, 4G hotspot, et al. 

It was nice to see how a pro makes things work.  Nicer still that he drove down in his rather natty MGB with a trunk large enough for his traveling kit, plus a Cooper engine block for our Aussie brethren to take home to the bottom of the world, and a care package.  MM lifted the hood of his British sports car, the one he doesn't race in LSR, revealing a pretty trick supercharger system. 

Anyway, the audio system is in working order, including the into-the-equation wiring of a decent FM receiver for catching the meet's signal to webcast what they offer in real time (minus the 7 second delay via our broadcast host in Chi Town).  Our weak link is the computer into which everything from the mixers gets fed.  So, before piling everything onto the workbench in Slim's trailer and applying the tape and rubber bands to the gear on a rack, there will be a last ditch effort to come up with a Hackentosh, or bring along my iMac from the office, or some other way to stay on the air for 12 hours straight.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 06:37:41 PM »
Looking forward to meeting you Max, I gather I am somehow part of the Cooper block play. As for any smarts about keeping you on the air I am afraid I can't offer any expertise.....
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 07:48:19 PM »
Dr., I expect the block and a package are, indeed, intended to be safely transferred to your care.

Meeting me will be the low point of your trip, no question.  We never wuzzers stay in the background and try not to embarrass ourselves whilst sniveling about our lack of actually participating in racing.  See:  "Supportive spouses??" thread.  It's not the time, or the money, it's the bear in the closet...

So, I just spent four minutes downloading +/- 250 old blues tunes collected over the years onto a spare memory stick, that I'll make sure you get.  Some going back to the scratchy 78 from the 19teens and 1920s.  In point of fact, I may just run a computer test on Meridix, feeding the whole bloody collection to be archived in perpetuity.  The program will be archived as "Max Computer Test" and anyone can listen.  After all, I'm not busy preparing a machine for the salt.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »
Max, I trust that you know that during SpeedWeek the ONLY radio broadcast out at the salt is Ron Christensen's AM1610 - no FM coverage.  World of Speed and other events use FM, but SW is AM.  I'm not sure, from your comments, if you remembered that tid-bit.  See you in a week or so.

Thanks to Chris, of course -- and mostly to you for getting my dream of audio from the Salt up and running (we hope).
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 08:22:02 PM »
The receiver is AM & FM, we're good to go!

Offline Tman

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 08:39:58 PM »
Thanks! Repost the login. I will pass it around to pals that can not make the trip.

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 09:19:10 PM »
Search for "Meridix," open their broadcasting homepage, put "Landracing" into their homepage event search window, should take you to the current day's webcast.

I'll add a link in Speedweek thread when we are up  and running.

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 09:52:53 PM »
Dr., I expect the block and a package are, indeed, intended to be safely transferred to your care.

Meeting me will be the low point of your trip, no question.  We never wuzzers stay in the background and try not to embarrass ourselves whilst sniveling about our lack of actually participating in racing.  See:  "Supportive spouses??" thread.  It's not the time, or the money, it's the bear in the closet...

So, I just spent four minutes downloading +/- 250 old blues tunes collected over the years onto a spare memory stick, that I'll make sure you get.  Some going back to the scratchy 78 from the 19teens and 1920s.  In point of fact, I may just run a computer test on Meridix, feeding the whole bloody collection to be archived in perpetuity.  The program will be archived as "Max Computer Test" and anyone can listen.  After all, I'm not busy preparing a machine for the salt.

Il contrere my man, the low point of my trip will be somewhere above the Pacific at about 32000ft when I realise the enormity of the situation I have wandered into, I will be starting a new job three days after I get home and have probably two solid weeks of writing to do....that was easy in my old job, my new job is on the move ......I won't be able to flick the database aside and work on the writing projects.....

The music sounds good, I had someone buttonholing me yesterday , playing songs of his iThing.....which I had to identify, I was doing pretty well ......one of them was a slide piece, I said, "dunno, but whoever he is he's been listening to Duane Allman"......"who's Duane Allman?"

match over  :roll:

Oh and BTW "We never wuzzers stay in the background and try not to embarrass ourselves whilst sniveling about our lack of actually participating in racing.  See:  "Supportive spouses??" thread.  It's not the time, or the money, it's the bear in the closet...:

have you ever heard the phrase "fools rush in where angels fear to tread?"

fool here :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:55:49 PM by Dr Goggles »
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 10:07:34 PM »

So, I just spent four minutes downloading +/- 250 old blues tunes collected over the years onto a spare memory stick, that I'll make sure you get. 

A collection of musical artifacts that makes the Library of Alexandria look like a truck stop gift shop.

And Gog's, don't buy into this self deprecation routine Max is pitching you.  I spent 7 hours in 90+ degree heat driving into the sun with the top down to catch face time with this fellow - a trip I would gladly make again. 

Max - you're world class, and what you're making happen for the rest of us who won't be there is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

A pleasure catching up with you and meeting your family.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 10:39:32 PM »
My vanity at the kind words has my head swelled so as I can't fit it through the garage door.

I'm nibbling, at this very moment here on the keyboard, a Sprecher Special Amber Vienna Style Lager, that arrived via supercharged MGB with Wisconsin plates.  It's so tasty, one suspects if anyone above the Cheddar curtain makes a nicer microbrew, they keep it for themselves.

Poor Midget had the in-person view of my strewn about collection webcast computers (tried and just not good enough, any and all of them), over the past few years.  I'm sending out distress flares tomorrow, expecting to scare up just one reliable webcast server, with the rest of the collection riding along on the trip as ballast, just in case. 

If this year's webcast computer keeps giving us trouble, I'll take up competitive knitting in Lower Sblovovia for the duration and hand the reins over to the first 10 year old kid with an iPad who wanders in to view for 2013.