Author Topic: The Last Race at Maxton  (Read 19527 times)

Offline MC 1314

Re: The Last Race at Maxton
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2011, 08:40:19 AM »
This thread sure opened my eyes to the way points are awarded, thanks guys. I have never really paid any attention to points, I run one class only and the only thing that matters is going as fast as the bike will go and having fun. I think I will keep it that way.

It's just a case of too soon old and too late smart. Will Penny

Offline DanMay1776

• P/PV-250/4 1954 BMW R25/3
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2011, 08:42:47 AM »
The open record is zero. The open record has no speed at all so it is nothing. So 50 points to start 50 points to finish then it is 2 X nothing .Nothing is zero So 100 mph run on an open record is 50+50+(2x0)=100 points .

Are you sure about this ?  Based on the number of points I have gotten in the past on an open record, I think my formula is correct.
50+50+( 2 x (MPH - 0))  or 50+50+(2x100) = 300

For example, I got 244 points in the May meet on a open record, 50+50+(2 * 72 MPH).

Daniel

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »
You are correct with your math.
    I was making a suggestion on changing the rule to reduce the advantage to the open records. In my mind the points race winner should be the team that brakes the record by the Maximum amount .So going 105 on a 100 mph record is the same as going 205 on a 200 mph record.
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline Rick Byrnes

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 10:14:11 AM »
Returning this thread to the subject of records and venue, ECTA has already set precedence regarding this.  The oldest records in the book, are mine and Joe Laws, both set at the track in Ga.
I have run very close to my record time in the early years at Maxton but not exceeded it.  During that period I had not made any major changes to the Merk, and It was pretty consistent.
That said, if ECTA chose to become keeper of the 1 mile cement records, it would be consistent with their past actions.

BUT, the times I ran ECTA in early years, I was NEVER scrutinized for proper class, nor engine displacement and Fuel legality.  With the advent of highly oxygenated fuels, this becomes more important for "GAS" classes.
Without proper certification, I don't see any common records.

How does ECTA know what happens at Loring or Texas, if the event is run and promoted by different organizations with less discipline.

Not gonna happen.
Rick

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2011, 01:50:16 PM »
One mile records? If folks think one size fits all, they are naive. Maxton has an elevation of 220 feet. There are also 2 dog legs to contend with. One near the start and one after the finish line. Any other venue would differ dramatically in configuration. No other course will resemble this. Close the book and reopen at the new, as yet unnamed, location.

Offline manifest

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »
What happens if we are allowed to run at Maxton a year or so from now?  If the books are closed then whats the point....Maxton Rev. II? 

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2011, 05:01:14 PM »
One mile records? If folks think one size fits all, they are naive. Maxton has an elevation of 220 feet. There are also 2 dog legs to contend with. One near the start and one after the finish line. Any other venue would differ dramatically in configuration. No other course will resemble this. Close the book and reopen at the new, as yet unnamed, location.
X 2.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline MC 1314

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2011, 06:35:09 PM »
X3!
It's just a case of too soon old and too late smart. Will Penny