Author Topic: any news from today's race?  (Read 11174 times)

Offline greenjunk

Re: any news from today's race?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »
I was also told they fixed their starting line issues sunday.  This is great news for the racers.  The wait was supposedly down to a couple hours which is phenominal with 175+ entrants.  Great applause to the volunteers for recognizing a problem and fixing it.   Great job racers for fast safe speeds.
David
213mph Time Bomb Camaro

Offline dw230

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 11:52:52 PM »
All this and yet not one word about Bill Warner's fabulous 311 speed?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline redhotracing

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 09:23:42 AM »
All this and yet not one word about Bill Warner's fabulous 311 speed?

DW

There's a separate thread dedicated to that, Dan.
Luke- Winston Salem, NC
Loring 2 Club- 201.252 (2010)
Ohio 2 Club- 203.712 (2013)

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 10:00:04 AM »
Starter told me there were 40 runs in the first hour on Sunday . Not to bad for 1 1/2 mile runs.

Offline tedgram

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 10:32:19 AM »
  40 runs an hour is great! Waiting for the results.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 07:36:52 PM »
I must say when I was drafted to bring the starting line concerns to the race directors Saturday afternoon. They immediately listened and took corrective action. They also ran a few hours longer to get the runs in.. Sunday was flawless.. Congrats to all the LTA staff and volunteer workers. It was my honor to help them and to run there..I will be back.
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 08:26:26 PM »
There were a lot of issues on Saturday.  The wait was long, but it wasn't 6 hours.  More like 3-3.5.  Concerns and suggestions were brought up Saturday evening and you could see them being addressed on Sunday.  I was able to make 7 passes on Sunday and we stopped early due to the weather.  It must be hard to put on only one event a year.  It takes a day to get back into the swing.  I was not happy Saturday, but was well pleased on Sunday.  I'll be watching for next years plan to handle a large field and still get the competitors the number of runs needed to make the long trip worth it.  I have to say thank you here to all the volunteers who worked so hard, and a big thank you to Paul who never left the starting line either day.  He was there past 7PM on Saturday making sure we got our runs. 
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 08:39:30 PM »
Starter told me there were 40 runs in the first hour on Sunday . Not to bad for 1 1/2 mile runs.

We averaged about 37 runs per hour the entire weekend.  On sunday we actually ran 7 bikes in 6 minutes down 2 1/2 miles.

I will have more factoids about the weekend coming.
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 11:11:14 PM »
Not taking anything away from the great runs made, but the best news to me was it was a safe meet.   No major incidents, if there was as much as a stubbed toe or skun knuckle I didn't happen to hear about it.  A big thank you to all for your dedication and hard work to make it happen.

Ed

Jessechop

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 08:33:53 AM »
We got in line when the line started to move Saturday morning and we waited a honest 4 hours, but Sunday things went much better. I liked the mix of the lines, but I would like to suggest several things

#1. Have a person directing cars at the line. I.E. you pull up and they tell you right lane or left lane, that way the lane stays even. One time we pulled up with Jody and she got in one line we got in the other. By the time we ran she was 9 behind us in the oppisite lane (18 runs) because of all of the bike in her lane and the chase vehicles in ours.

#2. Make people stay with there vehicles in staging. There was a lot of congestion because of this. People would be no where around when there vehicles needed to be moved

#3. Dont allow crew members to hold spots in line. I watched one car run and they allready had a dirt bike in line holding there spot. I.E. cars were hot lapping because they had people holding spots in line for them. It made it very unfair to the rest of us.

Anyways just a few suggestions. Had a good, no a great time and we will gladly be back next year. What a fun weekend!!!

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 12:04:08 PM »
As the race director, I would like to address the comments about the wait on Saturday.
1) With 160 vehicles in line, 40 vehicles per hour is a long wait.  More than most are used to if they have not been to Bonneville.

2) There was a software integration issue that did cause a few very short delays in the morning.  It was explained at the meeting Sunday if drivers were in attendance.  The only way to address the issue Saturday would have been to shut down the system, reload software and restart everything which would have taken about 1 hour. We were all there to race, so it was dealt with manually.

3) The biggest reason for delays Saturday was that we broke a lot of gear.  There were about 20 vehicle that broke, smoked, pulled out, lost power.  When those issues occur, we have to hold the coarse until the cause of the problem is found and the vehicle is removed. If there are fluids present upon inspection of the at long shutdown, we then have to check 2 1/2 miles of racetrack for parts and fluids.  It all takes time, but we have to be safe.

I again would like to thank everyone for there professionalism and understanding.

Tim
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 12:44:50 PM »
Tim you Mark and the entire crew did a great job.. so we had a few issues on Saturday,,, they got fixed, you let us run until about 7pm and made up for the earlier delays,,, what a recovery,, and man Sunday was a blast... I took my time and got in 3 runs and had time for a 4th run but my chute tore on my last run so we packed it in...

Let me know if you need help in inspection again next year.. I will be glad to help again on Friday.

I plan to bring back the E motor to see if it can do 200mph, ,, then change motors for a shot at 225mph..

Charles

ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 01:40:37 PM »
CK ... just for the record it was 7:20 ...

On Saturday, Tim Kelly went through all the positions over the radio and asked if they would stay beyond 5 and run the line out. To a person everyone said okay, including the Fire Department. The long shutdown crew had their EZ up blown away by the wind and they were cooked by the sun from about 1 pm. At 5:30 they were requesting relief and Phil Campbell went down there and worked the last 2 hours after teching bikes for 2 days and working earlier in a shutdown spot. The team made it happen.

Offline geezer1

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 06:26:08 PM »
Tim you Mark and the entire crew did a great job.. so we had a few issues on Saturday,,, they got fixed, you let us run until about 7pm and made up for the earlier delays,,, what a recovery,, and man Sunday was a blast...

X2 from the Geezers - we had a great intro to Loring. Linda just flat made our weekend as we changed drivers, equipment and classes. A huge thank you to her and the timing and records crew. You were all great. We ran safe and went home happy. Damn those belts were tight!

Hope to see you again.

Geo Turner for Brian Acton and the Geezer Racing Crew
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/Mclellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs' old)
2 Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to have the fastest Innkeeper in Wilmington Ohio in the Geezer Express
Thank you ECTA and our great LSR Friends! Press On Regardless!!