Author Topic: Service Personnel  (Read 4071 times)

Offline Stan Back

Service Personnel
« on: February 24, 2004, 06:02:00 PM »
I think it would be a good thing if the SCTA (or the individual clubs) would extend the term of memberships of its members who have been serving overseas during the various conflicts of the last years.  Many have other things on their minds besides paying dues and doing duty.  I'm not an SCTA member, so perhaps someone else can pick up the flag on this one.  Doesn't seem like it would cost a lot to notify them that we appreciate them and will welcome them back.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

dwarner

Re: Service Personnel
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 10:45:00 PM »
Good idea. I'll bring it up to Ron Main at the Sidewinders meeting. The only two SCTA members I'm aware of are Nathan Stewart & Brandon Leggitt. We saw Brandon at the SCTA banquet last month.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »
Back when our son, Patrick, was in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait for desert storm the San Diego Roadster Club took care of everything, No patrols or dues and a release/inactive status to the SCTA while he was gone.  This is really a Club thing.  But I for one am Proud we have members there.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

touringjo

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 04:59:00 PM »
And let us not forget Brett Batchelor serving us well in Spain. Please gentleman let us honor these brave men and women and make sure they know that their services are appreciated.