Landracing Forum Home

Loring Timing Association (Maine) => Loring (AFB) land speed venue => Topic started by: edinlr on April 27, 2017, 09:19:30 AM



Title: Weather
Post by: edinlr on April 27, 2017, 09:19:30 AM
I realize it is a week off, but the forecast for next Friday and Saturday don't look too promising.  Does the runway drain quick enough to allow runs between storms?


Title: Re: Weather
Post by: Jessechop on April 27, 2017, 11:17:14 AM
With sun it takes no time at all. I have heard the weather looks bad. The local weather is looking decent for this time of the year.


Title: Re: Weather
Post by: Cheep Speed on April 28, 2017, 09:08:48 PM
If the weather does not cooperate for May 5-7,  can the spring meet be re-scheduled, or do we have to wait until July.

I heard it is not too easy to re-schedule a meet with no advance notice.  Something about the Bird Life and their nesting areas???


Title: Re: Weather
Post by: edinlr on April 29, 2017, 11:22:31 AM
Is there a chance the event will be canceled and when would they decide?  I am asking because I have a 1700 mile drive and am trying to weigh out these weather forecasts.


Title: Re: Weather
Post by: bearingburner on April 29, 2017, 04:29:10 PM
The good thing is their not predicting snow.


Title: Re: Weather
Post by: 55chevr on April 29, 2017, 05:06:17 PM
There have been 19 events at Loring.  There has never been a weathered out event.  We have lost some racing to weather but every event has happened. 

Joe 


Title: Re: Weather
Post by: edinlr on May 02, 2017, 08:04:45 AM
I just got my email this morning saying the event had been cancelled due to the forecast for the weekend.  Thanks to everyone at the LTA for their efforts.  I was about to leave from Arkansas and I appreciate the early notice.


Title: Re: Weather
Post by: 55chevr on May 02, 2017, 08:01:38 PM
National Weather Service in Caribou Maine ran 5 different models for us.  All had substantial rain forecast through Sunday noon. No way to get a good day of racing in.

Joe


Title: Re: Weather
Post by: nrhs sales on May 03, 2017, 04:10:11 PM
Edin

Where bouts in AR are you located?  I am in central MO.


Title: Re: Weather
Post by: edinlr on May 03, 2017, 04:19:06 PM
I am in Little Rock, Arkansas    Ed in LR


Title: Re: Weather
Post by: QikNip on May 03, 2017, 07:23:11 PM
Kudos to Tim and Joe. They called the event at 6:25 AM on Tuesday and I was scheduled to depart at 6:30! I particualrly appreciate the opporrtunity to vote on the decision to "go or no-go".  :cheers:
Rick


Title: Re: Weather
Post by: ronnieroadster on May 03, 2017, 08:36:47 PM
This means nothing at this point BUT As of todays weather update Thursday and Friday no rain Saturday shows rain and Sunday chance of a shower. So far certainly not a wash out at all oh well!  :-o


Title: Re: Weather
Post by: Jessechop on May 04, 2017, 06:31:54 AM
With out sun we will never get it dry for Sunday. Water is already sitting on the edge of the runway and it has been almost 24 hours since rain. I do agree Friday looks runnable, but with a current predicted 17mph cross wind it would be speed limited anyways