Author Topic: 1953 Studebaker  (Read 57446 times)

Offline will6er

Re: 1953 Studebaker
« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2013, 10:43:01 PM »
I remember hanging out at tech inspection one year. The inspector told the driver, "Your car is on fire. You have 30 seconds to get out." The driver didn't hear (or ignored) what he said and kept telling anyone who was listening about what he had done to the car. After hearing the inspector repeat his statement a couple more times, I had to leave before I just broke out laughing.

The moral - Always be paying attention when you are in the car.

Offline John (Maryland)

« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2013, 06:15:41 AM »
We are finishing the fuel lines, the oil system, and the headers.  The carb linkage, tow bar fixture, and radiator are complete except for the water lines. 

Offline tauruck

« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2013, 07:12:37 AM »
Nice looking motor. :cheers:

Offline John (Maryland)

« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2013, 02:46:42 PM »
FOR SALE

Titled 1953 Studebaker with VIN plate, stock steel body/FG deck lid, highly reinforced stock frame, Professional chassis system, four link-torsion bar-double rear frame rails, chassis NHRA Certified to 7.50 secs., 358 Keith Dorton/Hendricks’ SB 2, Liberty 5 speed NHRA Pro Stock Z clutchless, Boninfante Pro Clutch, sheet metal rear housing, 40 spline gun drilled axles, rear street fuel tank, pre-wired lights, premium parts, engine has been started but not raced; set for land speed, drag racing, street (engine configured for race only), or local shows.  Engine could be sold separately with complete 6-stage NASCAR dry sump system.  Best offers considered.

R.
John.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2013, 04:32:43 PM »
John, so sorry to hear this---hopefully it is not for health reasons :cry:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline John (Maryland)

« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2013, 05:22:03 AM »
Sparky.  Tnxs.  We have had a lot going on, but doing okay.  My interests in racing have become mostly technical, not much of a driver, notably after hearing this engine run.  This engine is not for the faint of heart.  R. John.

Offline aussievetteracer

« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2013, 05:37:19 AM »
John- I too am sorry to hear this. I have followed your build with great interest, and am very grateful for the info/advice you have given to me via PM'S. I wish you all the very best with your change of direction.
                                                                                                                     Regards, Denis
Denis

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2013, 09:39:23 AM »
That's simple, just get some ear plugs. :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!