Author Topic: Spirit of South Dakota Lakester  (Read 303391 times)

Offline Tman

Re: Spirit of South Dakota Lakester
« Reply #735 on: February 11, 2017, 10:45:37 PM »
No worries, we were having fun with the Tim thing!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #736 on: February 12, 2017, 07:20:34 AM »
As I started reading "Jump'' started playing!!!!.

Van Halen, Trent get moving bro. :-D

Offline krusty

« Reply #737 on: February 14, 2017, 10:36:17 AM »
Hi Trent - Here's a pic of the installation of the Long V-gate shifter for left-hand operation in the RMR I built in 2009. The thin red arrow shows the forward cable mount. As you can see, I used clevises (clevi? :roll:) to attach the 1/4" Morse cables to the shifter, requiring a bushing and a few shims(each).

The cables pass through tubes in the rear firewall (calked with fireproof clay) to the trans. Attachment at the trans should be self-explanitory.

Sorry it took so long to respond.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #738 on: February 14, 2017, 12:23:24 PM »
Our hero Jack Kelley used a system with Morse(-type) cable with a regular 4-speed gated car shifter with no problems -- at least that was the case last reported.  I'd think using a pattern that you were familiar with would be a great help at speed.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Tman

« Reply #739 on: February 14, 2017, 03:19:38 PM »
Our hero Jack Kelley used a system with Morse(-type) cable with a regular 4-speed gated car shifter with no problems -- at least that was the case last reported.  I'd think using a pattern that you were familiar with would be a great help at speed.

Sumner still has shots of that setup on his web page. Very clean. The Long shifter I am using is not an H pattern, just front to rear and back for the 5 gears.

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #740 on: February 14, 2017, 10:07:00 PM »
  Trent,
  Did you get the pictures I sent?
  Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Tman

« Reply #741 on: February 14, 2017, 10:43:38 PM »
  Trent,
  Did you get the pictures I sent?
  Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yes I did, thank you! Just been busy in the evenings. Looked on my phone, great description

Offline Tman

« Reply #742 on: February 16, 2022, 05:57:13 PM »
Update time. I am still alive! Shelved the lakester project when I started helping McTim with the #416 pickup and later the 416 roadster. Gained and lost a couple engine partners on this car.  Got divorced, got remarried to a gal I met when we were in the 5th grade after not seeing each other for 30 years since HS. Finishing up some never ending remodel projects and getting my head back into the Lakester. This year for Speedweek I am committed to help Chick run the Salt Circus Roadster. Meanwhile I am busy learning L24 and 28 Datsun engines for the lakester!