Author Topic: 84 GMC build.  (Read 3367 times)

Offline LonH

• New folks
84 GMC build.
« on: July 19, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »
This is the start of a long build. I plan on progressing from the street classes on up until I have a dedicated race truck.

I bought my GMC 8 years ago. I have gone from completely stock, lowered, air bagged, back to static lowering. Since I sent all of the control arms, and spring hangers to the scrap yard, I bought a rolling frame, which it turns out had a 12 bolt rear end geared at 3.08.

The plan for now is to refresh my 350, hook it to a turbo 350 and have fun learning the ropes of LSR. Eventually I want to move up to a Cadillac 500 with turbos, and more speed. My insprirations are the blue C-10 I saw on a Bonneville DVD and the Phoenix diesel truck.

My daily driver is a 90 Silverado, which I want to run as well, though it always be a street truck.

When I lower a truck by flipping the axle, I dont buy the BellTech axle flip kits. I use Moroso axle perches. The advantage for is it's cheaper to lower my truck.

Offline Constant Kinetics

• I'm not Crazy, I'm Invincible!
    • Constant Kinetics
Re: 84 GMC build.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 02:09:06 AM »
I haven't run Bonneville yet, but it seems like a truck makes sense. All kinds of room under the hood for a powerful engine, most of the weight already up front, easy to work on and modify, etc. Good luck, hope to see you when i get there.
                                                                             -Chad-
Wierd is good

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 02:45:45 AM »
Chad, your correct on the engine compartment but your forgetting about the aero department. :-D

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 10:38:19 AM »
Or the ballast part in a pickup truck.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Constant Kinetics

• I'm not Crazy, I'm Invincible!
    • Constant Kinetics
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 01:50:28 PM »
That's why i'm here: to learn everything i can before i make my first run. :cheers:
Wierd is good

Offline LonH

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 06:14:10 PM »
No progress yet. I have been working on getting the clutch in the 90 bled. I ended up having somebody else work on it.

Trucks arent known for their areo advantage, but that's what makes it a challenge.