Author Topic: TREITS STREAMLINER  (Read 1810830 times)

Offline Freud

Re: TREITS STREAMLINER
« Reply #315 on: September 10, 2010, 11:38:37 AM »
Each time I go to the shop I get surprised. As the build progresses different areas need attention.

There are many small projects underway all the time.

This post includes the air activated systems, the layout for the rear wheel fairings and the air shifter mounting.

Enjoy. This link will open it for you.

http://www.target550.com/gallery/57_mag_kill_switches_rear_wheel_fairings_air_control_systems/index.html

Next week....the injectors.

WELL NOT SEPTEMBER 17TH. I will be in Palm Springs the following week and so I will have a post that follows the

recent lines of thought. Then for Friday SEPT 24, I will post the injectors. I will make up the post while we are

out of town and that requires that I already have the images on the computer. Since the principles follow the

equipment on current dragsters there may not be much line copy. I'll leave that to the knowledge that all of you

viewers have. Most of it will show the machine work that developed these pieces from a solid chunk of aluminum.

FREUD
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:43:43 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #316 on: September 12, 2010, 03:06:18 PM »
Beggers even drink Boxed Wine, whenever that can.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #317 on: September 13, 2010, 09:45:44 PM »
Check the post several items above this one.  Reply #315.

I hope the WOS meet is just what everyone needs to satisfy their need for speed.

TD, tune for 206.

My reference is to the posts on www.TARGET550.com.

FREUD
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:48:43 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #318 on: September 19, 2010, 09:08:16 AM »
I should have had this post done on Friday...but I didn't make it.  It's done now with Friday's date on it. 

The topic is: More Steering wheel, air lines and a look inside the Skunk Works.  That's exactly what's there.  Jim Hume builds his air lines the old-fashioned way.  There are photos of the transmission air lines being built and in place.  Class work, as usual.  You can also see a shot of the inside of the shop; it's gettin crowded in there.  Finally, what's becoming my favorite part to watch as it progresses, the instrument panel and steering wheel  It's almost there...and it's a work of art, as is everything the Skunk Works cranks out.  Beautiful work.

http://www.target550.com/gallery/58_more_steering_wheel_air_lines_&_a_look_inside_the_skunk_works/index.html

I gotta run,

Offline Freud

« Reply #319 on: September 19, 2010, 03:15:36 PM »
Sometimes I feel like it would be satisfying to post twice a week. Then I understand that it's a way from my place to Hume's.

There are weeks that enough is accomplished that it would be easy for two posts. Other times a week is a struggle to find new images.

Marlo, Jim, Ray and I appreciate your interest.

Jason and Dave make it possible for more and more portions to be finished and provide new material to present.

This has been an on going project and it's still a ways from conclusion. Maintain your interest and patience. We promise to present

the build as it develops.  We further promise to allow you to attend the shake down trials and certainly the record attempts when

they happen. With some time between now and the first runs, the technology of filming will improve even more. The film crew will

be the best possible, the most experienced Bonneville crew that understands the "what and why" of record attempts.

Until that day comes, there will be some exciting happenings between now and the first runs, I will promise you the best I can present

and if my abilities aren't up to par, I'll find someone else that exceeds what I am presently accomplishing.

With Marlo's 40+ years of Bonneville racing experience, my 130 trips to the Salt, carrying a camera most of the time, and the recent

addition of Ray S. Therat and his rapidly growing Bonneville reporting experiences, we hope to keep your interest at a fever pitch.

Thru Landracing.com and www.target550.com there will always be someway for you to be close to this project even if you are in Belgium, France,

Germany, China, Japan, U.K., Canada or India. Each month over 25 nations view www.target550.com and so far in 2010 we have had

1.5 million hits.  We Thank You for your interest.

Stay on board with us. I'll try to keep the same excitement for all of you that I experience presenting it to you.

FREUD

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:13:35 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #320 on: September 24, 2010, 11:43:28 PM »
Following up on his promises, Freud has presented us with a series of photos of the fraternal twins, the injectors and scoops for front and rear engines.  I wish they'd been given names like Orville and Wilbur, the cutoff switches.  Maybe Romulus and Remus would work.  Or Louis and Gaston (Chevrolet brothers) and I even considered the Montgolfier brothers, Joseph-Michel and Jacques-Étienne, but that went over like a led balloon. 

Anyway, Freud made some really kool shots of the very nicely crafted injectors.  So without further ado, here they are:

http://www.target550.com/gallery/59_fraternal_injectors/index.html

Enjoy.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #321 on: September 24, 2010, 11:52:50 PM »
WOW,

One off fraternal twins, carved from billet. Doesn't get any better than that. Thanks Ray and FrEud. Thank you for fulfilling my request I really appreciate it. I owe you one.

Thank you,
Thank you,
Thank you,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Freud

« Reply #322 on: September 25, 2010, 12:27:04 AM »
"sotoman.......I'm overjoyed that you understand and accept your obligation.

Now all I have to do is collect.

If I need another chapter to answer your questions, let me no.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #323 on: September 27, 2010, 05:52:54 PM »
Those pics. make me want to beat my Index manual mill with a club. Beautiful work :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Freud

« Reply #324 on: September 27, 2010, 07:26:51 PM »
I looked in the anatomy book and couldn't locate a body part with that name.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #325 on: September 27, 2010, 08:33:24 PM »
FREDU, I think index manual mill maybe the English translation for WIFE in one of the Islamic countries.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #326 on: September 27, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »
I think Freud forgot that he sent me this batch of fotos...so I went and posted 'em today, rather than waiting for Friday.

The fotos show the blower belt shield, the air control lines for the Liberty transmissions and the conduit through which they're run.

As usual the work is absolutely ossum.  

Here's an example showing Jim Hume bending some of the tubing.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:16:54 PM by RayTheRat »

Offline Freud

« Reply #327 on: September 28, 2010, 12:14:35 PM »
I am constantly surprised at the use of wood in this build. Jim makes patterns,

jigs and fixtures and can alter them so easily. It's one of his skills that helps a

lot in so many different areas.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #328 on: September 28, 2010, 02:06:12 PM »
The question was, Do I think the car will be running by 2015.

YES..for sure.

It will be several years before that. A time line has been established, with some stretch and shrink in it, and

I am confident that it will be met.

Thanks for asking, Mike.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #329 on: September 28, 2010, 02:31:43 PM »
This is a great build diary being able to watch and witness history from the start. Perhaps you (Freud or Slim) can lock the first Thread so we can follow this thread moving forward :?
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean