Author Topic: new street roadster  (Read 3166 times)

Offline 33 coupe

• New folks
new street roadster
« on: January 13, 2009, 09:51:12 AM »
Gentlemen,
I am new to this speed racing thing. Having lurked on the site for a while after going to the salt with a friend of mine, I am hooked. I am starting the build on a street roadster, using a 32 body, stretched frame, C motor, 4 speed tranny, champ sized q. change pretty basic stuff to start with. I have a mutitude of questions. What wheel and tire size for the rear do you guys recommend? We are wanting to run in the 175 to 200 MPh range.  Am I  better off using something other than the Muncie 4 speed? Rear ballast will be mounted low on the inside of the frame rails, forward of the rear end and forward ballast will be mounted to the inside of the frame rails, under the floor just behind and adjacent to the bellhousing. How much ballast weight should we plan for, with a car like this. Thanks to everyone in advance and let me know if these details have been posted somewhere else, and I will gladly chase them so as to not beat everyone up with the same questions that have probably been asked a hundred times.

Bobby Neisler,
33 coupe

Offline wilcox garage

Re: new street roadster
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 01:30:17 AM »
Check out the build diaries on our street roadster from the end of December ( d/bstr under construction). there are some pictures and good feedback and ideas for your build. We run a modified close ratio Muncie in our car , the car after ballast was about 3450# and it was placed about the same that you are describing. I decided to run a 26"  mickey thompson front runner rear tire to keep the car as low as possable.                                                                                                                                                                        Mark
Mark Wilcox,
142 D/BSTR  record qualifier 2011 219.935
182 D/BGMMP record holder 2019 215.798