Landracing Forum Home
February 23, 2018, 11:19:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last American team to hold the official ALSR Blue Flame Oct 23 1970 622.407mph  (Read 71369 times)
N72727

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2018, 11:54:58 AM »

http://www.aussieinvader.com/read-newsletter-for-2017
ggl205

G/FL 218.282 mph since 1997

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2018, 01:00:33 PM »

Looks like Rosco took a few queues from the Blue Flame, Dick.

John
MAYOMAN

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2018, 08:23:12 AM »

Rosco reached out and I was able to share some technical information. Mostly cheerleading. He shares the same problems many land speed records experience, lack of funds. Also, down under, every time they drop a tool or small part it falls to the ceiling. I think there are other issues being somewhat remote in Oz. It was interesting watching Rosco and his team develop their strategy to get this thing together. The KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid) is working. My hope is that they get to run before the Noble/Green extravaganza. They have a straightforward rocket propulsion system versus the Bloodhound's Turbojet/Rocket/Piston engine behemoth. cheers

The road is long - Life is short - Drive fast
ggl205

G/FL 218.282 mph since 1997

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2018, 03:30:13 PM »

Rosco reached out and I was able to share some technical information. Mostly cheerleading. He shares the same problems many land speed records experience, lack of funds. Also, down under, every time they drop a tool or small part it falls to the ceiling. I think there are other issues being somewhat remote in Oz. It was interesting watching Rosco and his team develop their strategy to get this thing together. The KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid) is working. My hope is that they get to run before the Noble/Green extravaganza. They have a straightforward rocket propulsion system versus the Bloodhound's Turbojet/Rocket/Piston engine behemoth. cheers

It would be interesting to have them both at the same place, at the same time like Noble and Breedlove did at Blackrock. A minimalist against overkill. It would be a glorious shootout, indeed.

John
WOODY@DDLLC

It's GONE ......... the Ohio Mile! :-(

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2018, 05:33:09 PM »

It would be interesting to have them both at the same place, at the same time like Noble and Breedlove did at Blackrock. A minimalist against overkill. It would be a glorious shootout, indeed.

Especially if they ran from opposite ends at the same time! Two sonic booms colliding!  shocked shocked

All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz
martine

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2018, 06:28:58 PM »

...My hope is that they get to run before the Noble/Green extravaganza. They have a straightforward rocket propulsion system versus the Bloodhound's Turbojet/Rocket/Piston engine behemoth. cheers
Yes I agree.  Even the Bloodhound team publically say they quite like the idea of Rosco beating the current record and then Bloodhound breaking it back again. 

Go Rosco!

(and I say that as a Bloodhound Ambassador)

Martin - Bloodhound SSC ambassador
tallguy

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2018, 10:37:47 PM »

I'd prefer that Ed (North American Eagle) be next, followed by Rosco (Aussie Invader), followed by Andy (Bloodhound).

Good luck and safe racing to all of them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: