Author Topic: Last American team to hold the official ALSR Blue Flame Oct 23 1970 622.407mph  (Read 110054 times)

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
Looks like Rosco took a few queues from the Blue Flame, Dick.

John

Offline MAYOMAN

Rosco reached out and I was able to share some technical information. Mostly cheerleading. He shares the same problems many land speed records experience, lack of funds. Also, down under, every time they drop a tool or small part it falls to the ceiling. I think there are other issues being somewhat remote in Oz. It was interesting watching Rosco and his team develop their strategy to get this thing together. The KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid) is working. My hope is that they get to run before the Noble/Green extravaganza. They have a straightforward rocket propulsion system versus the Bloodhound's Turbojet/Rocket/Piston engine behemoth. :cheers:
The road is long - Life is short - Drive fast

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
Rosco reached out and I was able to share some technical information. Mostly cheerleading. He shares the same problems many land speed records experience, lack of funds. Also, down under, every time they drop a tool or small part it falls to the ceiling. I think there are other issues being somewhat remote in Oz. It was interesting watching Rosco and his team develop their strategy to get this thing together. The KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid) is working. My hope is that they get to run before the Noble/Green extravaganza. They have a straightforward rocket propulsion system versus the Bloodhound's Turbojet/Rocket/Piston engine behemoth. :cheers:

It would be interesting to have them both at the same place, at the same time like Noble and Breedlove did at Blackrock. A minimalist against overkill. It would be a glorious shootout, indeed.

John

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
It would be interesting to have them both at the same place, at the same time like Noble and Breedlove did at Blackrock. A minimalist against overkill. It would be a glorious shootout, indeed.

Especially if they ran from opposite ends at the same time! Two sonic booms colliding!  :-o :-o
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline martine

• Vero Drive - Advanced Driving Coaching
...My hope is that they get to run before the Noble/Green extravaganza. They have a straightforward rocket propulsion system versus the Bloodhound's Turbojet/Rocket/Piston engine behemoth. :cheers:
Yes I agree.  Even the Bloodhound team publically say they quite like the idea of Rosco beating the current record and then Bloodhound breaking it back again. 

Go Rosco!

(and I say that as a Bloodhound Ambassador)
Martin - Bloodhound LSR ambassador

Offline tallguy

I'd prefer that Ed (North American Eagle) be next, followed by Rosco (Aussie Invader), followed by Andy (Bloodhound).

Good luck and safe racing to all of them.