Landracing Forum Home
November 24, 2017, 10:51:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D/BSTR under construction  (Read 26178 times)
Stan Back

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2011, 10:12:23 AM »

You're really jammed with a long engine assembly in StR.  You can only lengthen the hood 3" and if you set the engine back into the firewall the driver still has to stay in the passenger compartment, so has to sit more upright (if at all!) and the roll cage looks like an oil derrick.

Maybe a search for a 30's straight-8 roadster would alleviate the problem.  Anyone got an old Duesenberg body laying around?

Stan

Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters California's most-exclusive roadster club.
Celebrating 65th anniversary of racing on the salt.
wilcox garage

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2011, 03:58:49 PM »

Yep I'm maxed out on hood length and engine set back , I'm lucky to have enough room for my fuel pump drive. My neighbour is big into Packards , maybe I  should look into borrowing one of his Roadsters!!

www.wilcoxgarage.com                                                               Mark Wilcox, 142 D/BSTR                                           looking for a red hat one piston at a time... record qualifier 2011 219.935
wilcox garage

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2011, 10:36:25 PM »

I just got done watching the episode of Speed Scene live with Dan Warner , they showed one of our go pro videos!! It was pretty cool!!

www.wilcoxgarage.com                                                               Mark Wilcox, 142 D/BSTR                                           looking for a red hat one piston at a time... record qualifier 2011 219.935
Tman

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2011, 02:10:15 AM »

Quote from: wilcox garage on September 12, 2011, 10:36:25 PM
I just got done watching the episode of Speed Scene live with Dan Warner , they showed one of our go pro videos!! It was pretty cool!! Quote from: wilcox garage on September 12, 2011, 10:36:25 PM
I just got done watching the episode of Speed Scene live with Dan Warner , they showed one of our go pro videos!! It was pretty cool!!

Thanks for the link man! And keeping me up so late watching Dan...............he is better looking in person?

www.compulsionrodandcustom.com
Hotrod, racing and performance parts
Frankie7799

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2012, 06:03:09 PM »

Mark, Im new to the froum and just got done reading your build. Very cool. Can you give me some basic info on your engine, clutch and trans setup ( CID, heads, etc ) I come from a drag racing background ( I ran an altered and a rear engine dragster both SBC powered ) and am considering starting on an LSR car in the next year or two. Kinda want to stick with an open wheel car if I can. Maybe ill see ya out on the salt next year.

Frankie
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: