Author Topic: ECTA Inspection forms  (Read 163917 times)

Offline wfojohn

ECTA Inspection forms
« on: November 26, 2008, 08:29:49 AM »
Hi Keith, Todd and ....
The heading of the topic below started by Jack Dolan mentions forms online, I guess I did not look in the right place to find them. I was interested to see if the Bike Inspector's form was online so I could print it to reference it as a check list as compliment to the rule book. Is it online and would it be a good idea to use it as a checklist? Thanks, John Ritter

LittleLiner

Re: ECTA Inspection forms
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 10:32:07 AM »
John
There is a copy in the files section of the ECTA yahoo usergroup.  If memory serves . . I think I've seen you post there.  If not . . go to the web site ECTA-LSR.com and click on the link (in the links section that is on the right side of the home page when you scroll down a bit) for the user group.  Once you get to the group, click on 'files' link down near the bottom . . . . I think that will take you to the files listing.  Scroll down to find the bike inspection sheet. 

I don't know if it is the most current one.  I am sure Todd or Deb or maybe Jon (SS Slim) would know for sure.

later
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:19:32 PM by LittleLiner »

Offline wfojohn

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 05:36:50 PM »
L-L,

Thank you, I went there and found it. I printed it out but I notice some things are not up to date with the current rules. Maybe we can get a current version after the 2009 rules are solidified.

I see you are from York, I am a York native and my son Brett who rides the bikes was born there also. We will have to look each other up at Maxtom. See you there.

John Ritter

Offline 1mile14

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 11:04:26 PM »
Would there be any way to get this added to the Maxton ECTA site? It would be nice to have a list of things to do to a bike, and gear.

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 08:08:27 AM »
The best thing to do is get a rulebook and go by that. The tech sheet is just a guideline for the techs that have a reasonably clear understanding of the rules. In other words, every single thing in the rulebook is not on the tech sheet so going by the tech sheet alone won't be sufficient.

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline hombre

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 11:10:22 AM »
I've looked in the user group files, and have only found the "Car under 135 MPH" inspection form. Is there somewhere I can get the bike inspection form? Thanks!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 01:04:58 PM »
Hombre, I used to have one on this here 'puter, but I don't see it now, it'd be two years old, and therefore I don't htink I'll be sending it along.  Once I get an ;09 form I'll put it here so I can offer it freely.

But -- Deb's quite right in reminding you that the form is more for us inspectors than to be used as a hard-and-true guide for you.  We might see, for instance, some excessive slop in the steering head bearings and ask you to firm that up -- and said bearing inspection isn't on the sheet, so you might overlook it.

Do your best to make the bike as close to the rules as you can.  We have seldom not allowed a bike to run at Maxton -- even when there were egregious problems found during inspection.  We'll do everything we can to help you bring your bike into compliance with safety and the rules - as long as you're helpful and a working partner in the effort!.  If you leave inspection without being passed -- and are a grumpy butthead in the process -- well, we've got other things to do rather than help you.  I might have to reset the calendar on the iPod, or maybe Todd needs to adjust the tension on the paper towel roller, or like that.  Got it?  We want you to race...but you need to do most of the work.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline hombre

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »
Thanks Jon, but that's why I'm asking... so I can be ready in advance. I still haven't received a 2009 rulebook, and the only reference I have is a 2007 rulebook. Anything changed?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 06:32:51 PM »
Well, I expect so -- but I'll be honest -- I haven't looked at the changes yet.  I'll be doing so one of these days -- in preparation for inspectifying (new word) in a little more than four weeks.

I am pretty sure I can safely say that yes, there are new things in the '09 rules -- and the new things might be the removal of some of the things that were required in '07 but aren't any more.

Sorry for the lame answers.  I hope Todd or someone else with advance knowledge of the new rules will step in here, if only to give you a good estimate of when the new books will be sent out.  I see you've gone to the ECTA site and got what you could there, so at least you're able to be close.  Good luck, and we look forward to seeing you in a month.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline hombre

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 09:18:57 AM »
I received my 2009 rulebook, and the entire section on safety wiring has vanished. Does this mean fill & drain plugs, oil filters et al no longer have to be safety wired?  :?

Offline relaxedfit

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 09:31:15 AM »
Oil filter and fill/drain plug safety wiring requirements were taken out of the 2008 rule book---I still do them.
Ken Presson
Having nothing to do in shutdown is our goal

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 09:35:53 AM »
  has to be a typo. safety wire them,along w/axle ends (or cotter keys) and most likely axle cap nuts. master cyl. caps might need wire.
  am sure others will add to or correct.

franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline yarp

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 10:40:57 AM »
last year I could find the inspection forms, this year I can't.

Is there anywhere else that they are posted?
thanks,

Offline MIKE MATY

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 01:49:55 PM »
Your year book from last year should be what you need. Is there something in particular you are looking for?
ECTA 200MPH CLUB Maxton
A/FRS      205.531
D/FSS      159.427
ECTA 200MPH CLUB Ohio
A/FRS       208.530
2013 Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge Winner

Offline yarp

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 03:40:42 PM »
last year i had a copy of the tech inspector form from somewhere, just started going through it like an inspector would. that is how I caught my reverse lockout missing. would like to do that again. worked very well.