Author Topic: 248 MPH STUDEBAKER FOR SALE  (Read 37619 times)

Offline GH

248 MPH STUDEBAKER FOR SALE
« on: September 19, 2008, 12:14:40 PM »
Well here goes. I would like to build a new car for the GMC 6 that I built last winter. I would entertain the thoughts of selling my current car #787 Studebaker, after I get into the 200 mph club next speed week. The car ran 4 times this past speed week, the fastest exit speed was 242.3 mph. The turbo chargers are too small for the engine, so I am going to install 2 larger turbos this winter. I would help the new owner or owners with the car at speed week. If interested, email me at garyhartracing@yahoo.com. The selling price is $49,500.00.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:25:52 AM by GH »

Offline jimmy six

Re: 240 mph Studebaker for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:22:13 PM »
Gary.................Why did you jinx yourself?????????????????? You know better than that...JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline GH

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 12:25:11 PM »
JD, I know I had a weird feeling about it, but I wanted to feel out the possibilities. The car ran so good this summer and with larger turbos, I think it will get the job done.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 03:42:40 PM »
For any interested folks -- please note that this car can run on the Salt -- and also on the pavement at Maxton.  I've seen it there, too -- right, Gary?

If I were a four-wheel kind of guy I'd give it serious thought -- having parked next to it, in impound, more than once.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 04:35:43 PM »
That is a good looking car, I would have considered it if I had just not bought a 53 Stude to start work on!!!

The post came a few weeks to late. (plus I have to have the cage built so I can get in and out) and on a go fast car like that it is much more involved...

Good looking Car,, I sure  hope it sells to someone who can appreciate it...

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline t russell

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 10:22:37 PM »
Very COOL car,who ever gets it will get one heck of a ride

Offline dieselgeek

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 09:50:50 PM »
For those interested, this car has a megasquirt EMS that's been carefully mapped on a loadbearing dyno.   No effort was spared on making this a reliable runner, in fact the engine is 100% streetworthy.  Nothing against Gary, but if your wife can handle a four speed - she can drive this car easily.

It makes flat torque off idle all the way to 6000rpm.  When we're done with the new turbos, it'll pull harder up top but still maintain complete drivability.   Our theory in tuning this one was NOT to go with "gigantic" turbos that make crazy peak horsepower, instead we tuned it so that 3/4 throttle = 3/4 power, 1/2 throttle = 1/2 power, etc. making it a very drivable combo on the salt.  This car is a great example of a proper running EFI car with impeccable manners.   It starts without throttle on a cold winter day and idles like granny's oldsmobile.  I'm proud of how it runs and would be happy to help the future owners with any questions or help they needed.

-Scott

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 09:00:29 PM »
..........This car is a great example of a proper running EFI car with impeccable manners.   It starts without throttle on a cold winter day and idles like granny's oldsmobile.  I'm proud of how it runs and would be happy to help the future owners with any questions or help they need.    -Scott

I'll vouch for all of the above.  I've been at Gary's in Missouri in the dead of winter when the car has been sitting and it starts instantly.  I've ridden shotgun in it down some of the local country roads there with a big grin on my face.  Great car and besides getting Gary in the 2 club I'll bet it gets some others in down the road,

Sum

Offline GH

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 11:00:56 AM »
This may or may not be the new car.

Offline aircap

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 01:59:16 PM »
This may or may not be the new car.

Looks like a bulletnose Land Cruiser. Plan on chopping the top?
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline GH

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 09:26:42 AM »
aircap, I'm told that a Land Cruiser has a vent window in the rear door. I'm not about to try a top chop, i'm too lazy....

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 10:07:33 AM »
looks like the fender badge may say Comander
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 01:00:46 PM »
I believe the Land Cruisers also had a little bit longer wheelbase (for stability over 200?).
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 10:57:31 PM »
With the addition of a propeller on the bullet, you would run in the Propster Class (open record) with minimal competition.......... :-D
Bob Drury

Offline GH

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 10:26:05 AM »
Stability over 200?? with a 6 banger GMC??? I think not... should be fun anyway....
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:34:54 AM by GH »