Author Topic: Australian Streamliner  (Read 20095 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: Australian Streamliner
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 04:54:52 AM »
you all might have noticed that i kinda pay attention to details in all the pix posted... as i noticed the canopy air rams.... one disturbing thing i noticed is a lack of pizza boxes and beer cans.... what are guys a bunch of weekend wrenchs.?..... I thought all you ausi's had beer cans laying around...sheesh.....  :-D
kent

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 08:29:27 AM »
you all might have noticed that i kinda pay attention to details in all the pix posted... as i noticed the canopy air rams.... one disturbing thing i noticed is a lack of pizza boxes and beer cans.... what are guys a bunch of weekend wrenchs.?..... I thought all you ausi's had beer cans laying around...sheesh.....  :-D
kent

Obviously we need to mount a rescue effort....  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Freud

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 11:54:39 AM »
Stainless, I'll drink to that.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 12:33:53 PM »
I hear its not wise to try to teach an Ausi how to drink.!...any Kiwi's willing to go over and show em how its done.?...
kent

Offline maj

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 05:30:12 PM »
Can't realy call the stuff they produce in QLD beer  :evil:

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 08:27:25 PM »
Sorry guys I've had a few days offline - I got a free ticket to the Indy race on the Gold Coast, Corporate box overlooking the Team Australia pits with pit pass and access to the grid. It was terrible! All the promo girls kept coming up to distract us from the racing.....!

Kent - No there is a sorry lack of beer in the build area. We did do a big cleanup just prior to the photo though. Trevor's better half Lyn usually cooks us up a barbie for dinner but we are saving the drinking for later. None of us are suffering as yet.

Stainless - Feel free to send anything you like!!!! We are not proud, if you can drink XXXX you can drink anything. (The local beer brand is fourex spelt XXXX - the joke for us non natives is that Queenslanders can't spell beer)

Maj - Those that live in glass houses.......... Melbourne Bitter is from........?

Lets not start a thread on beers - that's been done to death before.

Lynchy

Offline maj

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 04:52:43 PM »
We will take up the beer discussion in March , sunset , tin shed...  :cheers:

Good to see Ray on the team.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 07:08:59 AM »
NICE NICE workmanship---updates?  nice Home site
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 09:12:04 AM »
so you don't have to search for the site....

http://www.slaughtermotorsport.com/builddiary.html

Niice work guys
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Jambo

• New folks
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 08:18:46 AM »
Hi All,

Slaughter Motorsport is looking for a name for our Streamliner and we need your HELP. We've been working so hard on the vehicle we've yet to give it a name.

Giving the Streamliner the right name is very important which is why we are asking for your suggestions.

This vehicle will be competing in the F/BFS class. Our aim with this vehicle is to set the World Record in the F/BFS class and ultimately the Australian wheel driven record set by Sir Donald Campbell at 403mph.

For those not familiar with the Slaughter Streamline you can have a look at our website that will fill you in on the project and hopefully give you some naming inspiration. http://www.slaughtermotorsport.com/index.html

Thanks and we look forward to your suggestions.

Regards,
Trevor Slaughter

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 01:39:03 AM »
Hey Lynchy,
  Been a while. What happened, did you move up to Brizzy? You still running the tank? I got my tank done but it ended up with 2 seats, head lights & a licance plate. I get more seat time this way, 150 on
 I-15's a buzz.
  Good to see some liner action going on down there, looking good guys... What's the target date you're working for??
  I got a little board when Al retired so I'm building a 2 engine 4wd liner up here with a pair of zero engines (Mitsi). Wish I had all the hands you have.  Sid.

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 02:57:46 AM »
yah right Maj, its far more superior to that stuff,, ummm beer,, that you southners have too put up with :-D,,,, yahno mate, the further north in Queensland ya get, the better it tastes,,  :-) :cheers:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 12:24:37 AM »
 Mate I think xxxx (4x for the dummies) is a brand of condoms up here on the big island!

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
Sid (kbt)

I am back in Brisbane. Finally got to go home after 10 months doing things in Sydney (as the Indians say "doing the needful"). I got to go out and visit Trevor's streamliner and they have done a lot of work. I think I'm off the team which is fair given my long absence. Trevor looks to be on target for taking the car down to the lake next March for preliminary runs.

Check out their website as that is where they are doing the updates.

The best part of being in Sydney was helping Gary out with the Jag which is also coming along and hopefully will be at the lake next March.

Lynchy

Offline Jambo

• New folks
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 10:20:13 PM »
Hi All,

A few weeks ago we were lucky enough to have a TV Production Crew from the new ONE HD TV show High Octane come out to visit us, with the view to filming a documentary on the Slaughter Streamliner.

We weren't expecting to be on air this quick but we found out Friday that this Sunday Nov 22 you'll be able to see an intro to the Slaughter Streamliner in full HD on the High Octane program.

Following is when you can catch the High Octane Show in Australia.

QLD - 5.30pm
NSW, VIC - 6.30pm
SA - 6.00pm
WA - 3.30pm
(Please check your local guide to be sure)

It would be great if you all could pass this on to everyone you know.

Thanks,
Ray
Slaughter Motorsport
http://ww.slaughtermotorsport.com/