Author Topic: new guy. new bellytank build....  (Read 32825 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: new guy. new bellytank build....
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2010, 08:50:48 PM »
Have you got pictures? :-D

Pete

Offline dshuken

• New folks
    • Shuken Racing Fabrication
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2010, 11:44:04 PM »
Ron,
Your tank looks a lot like the F6F hellcat tank I used in my latest build. Maybe F8F Bearcat?  They are pretty close in size and shape if not identical.  The build is looking great, I love a blown flathead!
Daniel

Offline CTRon

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2010, 04:35:33 PM »

maxton 2 club member 205.188mph  A/BFR
loring 2 club member 219.807mph  A/BFR
Wilmington 2 club member 202.702 A/BFR
bonneville 2 club member 225.003 XXF/BGRMR

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2010, 07:28:30 PM »
 :-D Now I gotta say, "That is purrrrrty!"  See you on the Salt in '11?        Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Online ronnieroadster

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2011, 05:32:08 PM »
 Hi Bobby
    Not sure if were going to make it to the salt this year. The price of diesel fuel is a big concern at the moment.
   The body for our Lakester was used by the Navy pretty sure for the Bearcat fighter when I was removing all the layers of old paint I uncovered the original build ID information. The tank was built at the Navy Aircraft Factory Philadelphia PA also listed is the capacity 300 gallons and a part number.
   When I split the tank in half inside I found a hand written serial number located in the nose area on each half the numbers were not in sequence. Also uncovered the number 815 on the tail of the tank so we thought that would be a perfect choice for the vehicle number hence the 8150 number.
   This has been a fun project building the car with the help of my son even with the problems we have experienced and I'm sure theres still a few more to come its still worth the effort.
 Ronnieroadster
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2011, 07:12:12 PM »
 :-DRonnieroadser,, I'm not BobbyGreen.   He is the owner of the Old Crow belly tanker,,,,,I am just part of the family and help out on the Salt.  My last name is Crow so they adopted me about 5 yrs ago.  Good to see more tanks on the Salt!  Look us up in the pits, look for the Banner!     Gpa Crow.   LFFL

Online ronnieroadster

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2011, 08:14:56 PM »
Hi Crow
   Sorry about that I'm still pretty new to all of this stuff. Were still hoping to make it out in August not throwing in the towel this early heck we have rooms which is half the battle. Look forward to saying stopping by to say hi.
   But in the mean time theres two events at Maxton we plan on running the lakester at this spring and in July if everything is still together we will attend the Loring LSR event. Before I got into this land speed stuff we would spend the good weather driving our Hot Rod to events then pull up a chair and just sit around all weekend long now doing this land Speed stuff its work work work I mean fun fun fun. LOL
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2011, 12:38:12 PM »
 :cheers:
                You got that right!  The fun part is the working!   Stop by the Old Crow Pits and say "Howdy"  You sound like your "salt bit" already!  See you in August!     Crow.  LFFL