Author Topic: Finished..............well.............  (Read 17491 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: Finished..............well.............
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2008, 01:49:37 PM »

its kinda like romero saying "ill just buy a bigger pair of pants cuz im too fat for my old ones"
kent

Is this the same Kent Riches who posted this back on April 19, 2005?

" I usually don?t visit boards ?cuz people are usually just slamming someone or something.  I visit this site ?cuz people ask for help and other knowledgeable people respond with the proper info or a direction for them."

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 01:53:50 PM »
I'm sorry to have to report that I've banned Kent Riches from the forum for a while.  As much as I appreciate the knowledge of racing that he has -- I can't accept his manner of treating other members of the forum.  If this makes me  "keyboard Nazi"  (I think that was the phrase) -- so be it.  Let's get back to racing.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

John Romero

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 02:11:59 PM »
Thats a relief because I honestly couldn't hold my tongue any longer. I was about to call DelSolid out of retirement :-D

With that said, lets get back to positive, useful posts.

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 02:43:08 PM »
A few good points have been made about the dual chain but I personally feel it doesn't hurt to see what's out there running to see if you can do anything with it even if it's just to determine it won't work and it won't hold up to the speed and duration of a Bonneville run. I'll contribute the info I have as soon as I can find it. Hopefully we'll have a little fact driven dialog on this point in the future. Regardless of the outcome, we can all learn a little something new.

I've never been real big on the whole "it won't work, why, because I said so" way of thinking. I need more answers or I just keep asking questions! Most of the time by the time I determine something won't work it's already opened the door to what will work! ;)

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline ddahlgren

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 02:52:04 PM »
Kent yes you do there is little need for caustic and foul mouthed and yes this will endure long after you are gone. Would you like the representation of our sport to be your foul mouth I trust not is it me and stopping everything you say fine but lets be smarter than that and grow up a bit out of the gutter deal?? or no deal?? you know the options..
Dave