Author Topic: Saw this ad on Fordbarn  (Read 3607 times)

Offline desotoman

Saw this ad on Fordbarn
« on: May 10, 2008, 12:30:08 PM »
Disclamer: I saw this ad on the Fordbarn and thought some of you might have an interest in seeing it. I have no connection with the person selling this vehicle. I think he is a member of landracing.com.
Tom G.

Car For Sale: 1936 Ford 5 window ex-race car from the Russetta timing association ran from 1948 to 1953. Sponsored by Offenhauser Speed Equipment and raced by one of their employees. I also have a picture of Fred Offenhauser tuning the car. This historically significant car needs to be restored. Currently there is no engine and transmission. Body has been blasted and sealed and is very stright. Lots of documentation included, timing tags, tech tags, membership cards, and trophies. $35,000
Tony < [ EMAIL ]> 650-906-0500
Palo Alto, CA USA - Thursday, May 08, 2008 at 18:44:01 (EDT)
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
Re: Saw this ad on Fordbarn
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 06:35:51 PM »
Tom,  Thats one of my cars.  Building the wife a new house so some of the toys have to go. This is the only way I can devote the time to my LSR project. This is one of two LSR projects  I have for sale, the rest are road race cars. 

Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 07:58:58 PM »
Gosh, tell us more about it!  It's a great pic - slick lookin' Ford - where did it race, and for how long?  Did it hold any records?  Did it ever drag race?
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 08:43:40 PM »
This is one of two LSR projects  I have for sale...
Tony

Just curious.  What's the other one?

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 11:34:11 AM »
Mike, the other car I have is a 1926 Stutz speedster.  Its the prototype built by Frank Lockhart and raced all over including on the slat flats.  The engine is shaft driven like a Hisso motor and is supercharged like a Bently, it is the only one of two that were built known to survive.. The engine pictured in the "The Splendid Stutz"  page 136.
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”