Author Topic: not just another wheel on a stick  (Read 89249 times)

Offline sheribuchta

Re: not just another wheel on a stick
« Reply #180 on: December 16, 2008, 02:02:52 AM »
Well I thought that I would end this diary with a recap of my year on this bike.

I finished the year in 15th place. Not too bad for only breaking two records. One in Bonneville in the fuel class during speedweek. One during the last race at El Mirage in November, also in the fuel class.
I was fortunate enough to have a great husband who stood beside me and gave up two races so that I could stay in the top 25.
I would also like to thank Scott Gregory, for without his help I probably would have had to wear my birthday suit. Thanks for the use of the leathers Scott.
I learned quite a bit this past year. I tested some waters that I never dared to before and wow what a rush. Up until this past year I always rode on the back of the bike and was content watching the scenery fly by. I wasn't sure how I would feel after the first couple of races and I didn't know if I would ever want to race again. But now I look back at the past 8 months and think why hadn't I tried this before.
Wow... I have met some of the greatest people through our racing these past couple of years and for this I thank you all. Yes, do give yourself all a pat on the back,(you too Noonan)you all deserve it.
I plan on racing again in 2009 along side my husband. Without him it may not have ever been possible. We are doing some streamlining to the bike and hope to have it done before May. I also plan on continuing the dinners on Saturday nights. We look forward to these as much as we do the racing. Nothing compares to breaking bread with some great people and learning who they are outside of their race vehicles.
I also would like to shout out a thanks to my club The Gear Grinders. They have made me feel like part of the family and I thank them for it.
Well, I have to say. all in all, it has been one of the better years of my life and a great start for many more to come. I do have to mention a few more names for without these people the past year would not have been as meaningful.  Paula Burns, you know I love ya girl. Connie and Nick you have truly been my inspiration this past year. I hope you both know how special you two are. Bob and Judy thanks for taking us under your wings. You two are the best. Then there is John and Michelle...I don't know how you do it Michelle. John I love your honesty. Jack Costella...Now here is an intelligent mind. Caring, funny and he keeps Willie on his toes. Jack we love ya..Dave and Jill Iverson, now here are two of the most genuinely friendly people that we have met in our lifetime. And who can't forget to mention Jim Jensen. He knows how to make people smile without even trying. What a gentle man(Just don't tell him that I said that). Well I could go on and on but I have only one thing to say...
Is it May yet??? :cheers:

Also some quick thanks to SSS, for this website. Thanks to Sumner for just being Sumner. Thanks to Deb for finding the humor in some of my posts where nobody else seemed to see it. Thanks to Shane and Krystal for making our camp a little brighter. Thanks to Eric Ross for putting up with us. Thanks to all of our dear friends who have come down to watch us race in the heat,the cold,the dirt and the wind.
See ya on the dirt and the salt in 2009.

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2008, 11:14:36 AM »
enjoyed your build diary.

franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

bak189

« Reply #182 on: December 16, 2008, 11:18:11 AM »
Welcome to the world of sidecars.....you did good.. in fact outstanding.....and will go faster in 2009......."two wheels is not enough, and four is too many"

P.S. Remember, the BUB Trials payed $800.00 for the fastest "normal" sidecar with or wthout a passenger in 2008........for 2009 at least that.......... and maybe more..............................................................