Author Topic: My CBR1000 A/F  (Read 76667 times)

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
Re: My CBR1000 A/F
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2009, 12:05:07 PM »
Ah well things seem to be at a standstill at the moment on the Jawa so its time to look at the Honda again.
I think i made a couple of rudimentary mistakes the first being the inlet tract, my problem was it was built from what I had at the time and without an original airbox to inspect, seems there are inlet stubs that protrude into the original airbox which have a slight bellmouth on them which of course channels the air to the carb which also has another smaller bellmouth, more velocity through the carb more suck more fuel?
The airbox will have to be machined out to accept the new rubbers but hopefully it should help it to breath a bit better, then back to the Dyno see if there is any appreciable difference and start on the head mods.
Cheers for now Oz

Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
Re: My CBR1000 A/F
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2010, 09:50:21 AM »
Airbox has now been machined to accept the inlet rubbers but i am not very happy with the results so I think I am going to use an older bank of carbs which I have just re furbed,

apparently the older models made slightly more power and the only difference beetween the engines is the carbs,
But it does mean re machining a new carb plate and re making the airbox ah well give me somethin to do spring is on the way.

oh this is what happened when I tried the Nitrous at Speedweek the gauge decided to explode and dump all the go go gas into the atmosphere nice! It did cool my erm lap down quite a bit

Cheers Oz

Sorry about the quality of pictures still looking for my camera
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:52:35 AM by oz »
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff