Author Topic: Build photos of Max Lambky's Vincent Streamliner  (Read 9143 times)

Offline TouringComet

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered streamliner
Build photos of Max Lambky's Vincent Streamliner
« on: December 04, 2006, 01:19:50 PM »
The changes for 2006 were recently added to the website.  Prior year build pictures are available as well, along with many other pictures, videos, and stories.  Most of the pictures are clickable to view larger images.

http://www.vincentstreamliner.com/
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 01:47:27 PM by TouringComet »

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Build photos of Max Lambky's Vincent Streamliner
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 11:58:32 PM »
     Thanks for the tip on the site updates, would have been awhile before I caught up with the additions otherwise.  Exellent site made even better.

IMO the "Recap of 2006 attempt" is a must read this week for anyone planning on watching the 2nd episode of "World's Fastest Motorcycle" on Speed Channel this comming weekend.

Should also be a part of any book that may be written about the meet.

Offline TouringComet

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 03:00:40 PM »
Thanks, RR, glad you liked it.

Offline whitworthsocket

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 08:03:27 PM »
Hello from Australia,
On the website it mentions that the new frame is 300lbs lighter. That is a huge weight saving. Did you use all aluminium?
What ever its a great job you have done.
regards

Whitworthsocket
Regards
Whitworthsocket

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 10:06:46 PM »
After going through Max's web site I can't express how impressive his effort looks! Talk about giving the name "under dog" a new meaning. Max has to be the ultimate under dog in the present quest for the motor cycle ultimate speed. The amount of fabrication, thinking, engineering and just plan hard work that Max's has done to come up with his very beautiful "bike" is just amazing. I would bet that there isn't a single reader of this web site, except maybe Akatiff and Manning, that is not pulling for Max to get the record. His effort is certainly a strong comment on American ingenuity, work ethic and dedication. I can tell you I'm pulling for him and if I can come up with anything that could help his effort I'll get it to him.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 07:05:03 AM »
Hello from Australia,
On the website it mentions that the new frame is 300lbs lighter. That is a huge weight saving. Did you use all aluminium?
What ever its a great job you have done.
regards

Whitworthsocket

Hey Whitworthsocket,

No, I didn't use any aluminium on the structural part of the frame.  It's all 4130 chrome molley tubing.  Inch and a half diameter.  The main weight saving was in three areas, the cockpit area originally was a rolled 1/4" thick piece of boiler plate--solid.  The weight of that section was around 160 pounds.  About 2/3 of the weight was removed.  The pictures on www.vincentstreamliner.com (my website) show the multitude of lightening holes.  The reason I made it that heavy to start with is that the late Don Vesco, told me that he had to add 80 pounds of lead weight between his legs for handling purposes on his 318 mph record holder. 
     My engines are offset to the right, requiring weight to be added to the left side of the original frame.  The bottom tube on the left side was filled with 70 pounds of lead.  This tube now contains no lead.  There was a 18X18" steel 5/8" thick plate underneath the transmission area, which no longer exists.  The tubing was decreased from 90 wall to 75 wall thickness. 

Offline TouringComet

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 05:35:56 PM »
Information for 2007 and 2008 has been added, plus the website format was revamped, incorporating a lot of new information about the past years.  If you haven't seen the site lately, there is a lot of new stuff.

We are still in the process of moving stuff from the old layout into the new layout.  If you miss something from the old layout, there is a link at the bottom of the new home page to go to the old layout.

Max Lambky's Vincent Streamliner
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 05:37:50 PM by TouringComet »

Offline TouringComet

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 05:40:24 PM »
More photos of Max's modifications for this year, including pictures of his detachable side car, were added this week.
Max Lambky's Vincent Streamliner

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 09:11:03 AM »
TC, Max is putting it together now.  I've been taking a few pictures when I am on that side of town.  It is in Bonneville General chat "visit to Thunderdome" 
It is looking great, the swingarm went on yesterday, but I didn't have the camera with me.  I am going by later today to snap a few.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O