Landracing Forum Home
December 09, 2018, 02:16:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking the Land Speed Record. Unlimited Budget, How Long, How Fast, How Much?  (Read 2218 times)
J79

J79 Exhaust from a F4 Phantom II

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 10:02:57 PM »

How fast will 160 horsepower get you on the water? Will it get you 200mph on water?

For example, if 1,000 horsepower will get you 200mph, how fast will 1,000 horsepower get you on the water. Just use averages and avoid the extremes.

I think 160 Hp should get you over 200 MPH on the salt'

John
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:15:05 PM by J79 » Logged

"My, people come and go so quickly here." Dorothy, from the movie Wizard of Oz.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

From the movie Dr. Strangelove, General Jack D. Ripper:

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."
J79

J79 Exhaust from a F4 Phantom II

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 10:17:33 PM »

In the standard free fall skydiver position from 10,000 feet, you will fall at approximately 120mph.
How fast would you be going if they dropped you from 10,000 feet into the traps at the five?

"My, people come and go so quickly here." Dorothy, from the movie Wizard of Oz.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

From the movie Dr. Strangelove, General Jack D. Ripper:

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."
Stainless1
Administrator

Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele Wichita, Kansas

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 11:55:17 PM »

In the standard free fall skydiver position from 10,000 feet, you will fall at approximately 120mph.
How fast would you be going if they dropped you from 10,000 feet into the traps at the five?

Yea but what if they dropped the 160 horses on top of you  rolleyes

I guess one vehicle can do 200 on 160 but another may take 1000... same would go for boats... not all have the same streamlining... watch the cup races sometime.....
Do some research and get back to us in a month or two  cheers

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, MSA Bockscar Lakester with a little N20 
MSA Bockscar Lakester #1000 my fastest mile 245 and change, 84 ci turbobusa motor... but Corey's 233 MPH H/BFL record is still 3MPH faster than mine.
TrickyDicky

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 03:00:35 AM »

And how fast if you were in a record-breaking streamliner?

Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse
floydjer

"There is no duck side of the moon..."

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 12:35:26 PM »

I`m somewhat attracted to the idea of dropping Franklin from 10K feet.............

I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.
Ron Gibson

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 01:36:53 PM »

And then drop 160 full grown horses on him. Sorry about that PETA. Would not hurt animals. No animals were hurt in this suggestion. Dead Horse Dead Horse

Ron

Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.
ski123

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 01:38:06 PM »

Skiers can ski down a mountain at over 150 mph with no propulsion.
So, terminal velocity means what?
floydjer

"There is no duck side of the moon..."

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2018, 03:08:46 PM »

Velocity/ Smalocity.....let`s get on with the Franklin bashing cheers

I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.
Stainless1
Administrator

Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele Wichita, Kansas

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 08:30:29 PM »

Ron, PETA will forgive you, use dead horses, it seems like an ethical use for them  shocked
 Dead Horse  Dead Horse  Dead Horse  Dead Horse

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, MSA Bockscar Lakester with a little N20 
MSA Bockscar Lakester #1000 my fastest mile 245 and change, 84 ci turbobusa motor... but Corey's 233 MPH H/BFL record is still 3MPH faster than mine.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: