Landracing Forum Home
August 17, 2018, 07:45:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Contemplating buying scales  (Read 814 times)
jdincau

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2018, 06:56:52 PM »

It has been several modifications past since the roadster has been on scales and the set I borrowed is no longer available. I was looking at these, any comments?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-67650
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:01:57 PM by jdincau » Logged

Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!
Stainless1
Administrator

Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele Wichita, Kansas

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 07:31:26 PM »

If you lived closer you could use mine.... anybody out in sunny CA that can lend Jim a set of scales...
 cheers

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, MSA Bockscar Lakester with a little N20 
MSA Bockscar Lakester #1000 my fastest mile 245 and change, 84 ci turbobusa motor... but Corey's 233 MPH H/BFL record is still 3MPH faster than mine.
jdincau

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 08:06:07 PM »

At the speed I work I would probably need them for a month, that's why I was contemplating buying. I read through Skips bad roadster post and he thought they were invaluable. Tony got a spin ticket at Speedweek and I don't want him to get one at El Mirage if we can help it.

Stainless1
Administrator

Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele Wichita, Kansas

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 09:26:48 PM »

Most don't use them every day... unless the do circle track.... got mine from Craigslist for less than half that, but then that is a very nice set and read out.... mine is basic
Lent mine to one of the guys building a mile and maybe Bonneville car... he weighed 119 configurations over 2 months.  Said he really was tired of climbing in and out, then he realized he could be replaced with a couple of bags of sakrete
Not anal.... just thorough...

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, MSA Bockscar Lakester with a little N20 
MSA Bockscar Lakester #1000 my fastest mile 245 and change, 84 ci turbobusa motor... but Corey's 233 MPH H/BFL record is still 3MPH faster than mine.
ronnieroadster

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 09:48:14 PM »

We use that type the only difference I see with the one we use is it includes a plug in power supply as well as can be powered with battery's. 

Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 192.448
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Had
"Life Memeber of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"
Happy Pappy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 10:47:59 PM »

I'm not to far from you. Helendale, off route 66, between Victorville and Barstow, a place called Silverlakes. I have a set of Quantum 1 scales and some ramps that you could borrow... Just not for a month smiley I will need them around the end of March / April for the new build.
Worked great for the Formula Cars, just need to figure out what I am looking for in the roadster as far as weight % front and rear. Maybe you can direct me to the post from Skip that you are referring too.

Chris

A timid person is frightened before a danger, a coward during the time, and a courageous person afterwards.
jdincau

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 11:31:48 AM »

I'm not to far from you. Helendale, off route 66, between Victorville and Barstow, a place called Silverlakes. I have a set of Quantum 1 scales and some ramps that you could borrow... Just not for a month smiley I will need them around the end of March / April for the new build.
Worked great for the Formula Cars, just need to figure out what I am looking for in the roadster as far as weight % front and rear. Maybe you can direct me to the post from Skip that you are referring too.

Chris
Thanks but I bought a set, here is Skips post about fixing the handling of his roadster;
http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,15515.15.html
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:41:08 AM by jdincau » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: