Landracing Forum Home
November 15, 2018, 10:34:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blytheville April dates moved  (Read 2646 times)
QikNip

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2017, 11:32:00 AM »

Just in case anyone missed it, the April 20-22 ECTA Blytheville event has moved to April 12-15. Just rebooked my hotel rooms...
Rick

138.0 G/CPRO 4/18 Arkansas Mile Challenge Record
145.632 G/CPRO 8/17 Bonneville Record
149.825 G/CPRO 8/18 Bonneville Record
WOODY@DDLLC

ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 04:30:02 PM »

Thanks Rick!
Racing is Friday the 13th  shocked huh to Sunday the 15th.
But 12th is a set-up day if you are a helper!  cheers

All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz
LSR Mike

First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 02:42:10 PM »

Get your taxes in early, or work on them while you're in line. grin

Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder
nrhs sales

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 05:11:59 PM »

I believe you have until April 17th to file your taxes this year due to the 15th falling on a weekend.
edinlr

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 04:11:38 PM »

As for the local hotels, I would recommend the Hampton Inn first, the Holiday Inn second and the Comfort Inn third.  Quality falls off real quick after that.  You do want to lock up everything and prepare for the worst, the area around the hotels is pretty seedy.  This is the first Hampton where I have ever seen a security guard patrolling the parking lot.

By all means avoid the Drury Inn in Hayti, I nearly had a divorce on my hands after booking that two years ago.  I was happy to break my bike the first day and go home, anything would have been better than taking my wife back there.

Dining choices are weak in Blytheville, my breakfast at the Hampton is still my best meal there so far.  I know we don't go for the food, but it is never a good idea to torture your pit crew.  The local food in Wilmington, Loring, and Wendover are much better.

Honda CX650 turbo
ronnieroadster

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 04:09:45 PM »

As for the local hotels, I would recommend the Hampton Inn first, the Holiday Inn second and the Comfort Inn third.  Quality falls off real quick after that.  You do want to lock up everything and prepare for the worst, the area around the hotels is pretty seedy.  This is the first Hampton where I have ever seen a security guard patrolling the parking lot.

By all means avoid the Drury Inn in Hayti, I nearly had a divorce on my hands after booking that two years ago.  I was happy to break my bike the first day and go home, anything would have been better than taking my wife back there.

Dining choices are weak in Blytheville, my breakfast at the Hampton is still my best meal there so far.  I know we don't go for the food, but it is never a good idea to torture your pit crew.  The local food in Wilmington, Loring, and Wendover are much better.

Gee this new location has so much going for it! Oh well rolleyes

Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 195.650
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Had
"Life Memeber of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"
edinlr

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 04:34:13 PM »

It is not a tourist mecca, that is for sure.  The runway however is only just a little shorter than Loring's and is much longer than Wilmington or Maxton, so it should be even safer than before.   There is plenty of pit space. The city really saw their fortunes drop when the air force pulled out of the base.  The economic impact can be devastating to small communities when you pull that many jobs and dollars out of the area.

Honda CX650 turbo
RebekahsZ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 11:18:42 PM »

I can't wait!  I've autocrossed on the apron of this track and the concrete is in great shape.  My car is in pieces, so I registered my shop truck/tow truck.  Its a new track-every pass is a new record!  I'm sure there's a good Mexican restaurant somewhere close by-we'll be fine.  Hope to see Woody there.  Tailgate up?  Tailgate down? Tailgate off?
4-barrel Mike

Any fool can drive a V8

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 11:24:37 PM »

Tailgate up?  Tailgate down? Tailgate off?

I'd bet you'll get more than three passes.  As Mike LeFevers (dynoroom) says, "Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!"

Wish I could be there!

Mike

Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!
WOODY@DDLLC

ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 05:04:37 PM »

I can't wait!  I've autocrossed on the apron of this track and the concrete is in great shape.  My car is in pieces, so I registered my shop truck/tow truck.  Its a new track-every pass is a new record!  I'm sure there's a good Mexican restaurant somewhere close by-we'll be fine.  Hope to see Woody there.  Tailgate up?  Tailgate down? Tailgate off?
Just Google it - everything there is always correct!  grin grin
https://www.symscape.com/blog/tailgate-up-or-down

Comment in above:
jon doe
2 years ago
At the drag strip, I ran 2 mph faster with the tailgate up.
How does Jesel run his truck? huh huh

All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz
desotoman

Modified Roadster

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 07:57:44 PM »

That is good information if you have a double cab with what looks like a 6' bed.

I would like to see the results from a single cab 8' bed.

Tom G.

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers. As a young boy I was always taught that there is no such thing as a stupid question. It suggests that the quest for knowledge includes failure, and that just because one person may know less than others they should not be afraid to ask rather than pretend they already know. In many cases multiple people may not know but are too afraid to ask the "stupid question"; the one who asks the question may in fact be doing a service to those around them.
Stainless1
Administrator

Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele Wichita, Kansas

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 08:38:57 PM »

Put a bed cover on it....  cheers

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, MSA Bockscar Lakester with a little N20 
MSA Bockscar Lakester #1000 my fastest mile 245 and change, 84 ci turbobusa motor... but Corey's 233 MPH H/BFL record is still 3MPH faster than mine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: