Author Topic: FIM classes-  (Read 1903 times)

Offline firemanjim

FIM classes-
« on: January 04, 2018, 09:28:52 PM »
Been looking through the FIM website and can find records listed but nowhere does it explain the classes???????????
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: FIM classes-
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 11:24:56 PM »
Go to the landracing.com homepage.  Click on the link to the Bonneville Motorcycle Land Speed Trials.  Go to Rules and Records.  It is right there.  It should be a publication with a yellow cover with 2017 rules.  They can be hard to interpret.  The rules toward the end of the publication seem to be the most relevant to what we do.   

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 12:05:09 PM »
I agree that FIM classes can be difficult to understand.  A few years ago I produced the attached tables, which certainly clarified things for me.  I think I captured the significant details, with the exception of the number of cylinders variations.

For example, Rocky Robinson's outright record is in class "I.A1.C V.3+ 3000cc", which translates as:

• Category I - Motorcycles propelled by the action of one wheel in contact with the ground
  • Group A1 - Solo Motorcycles
  • Division C - Streamlined
  • Type V - Spark ignition
  • 3+ - 3 or more cylinders
  • Engine capacity - over 2,500cc and up to 3,000cc

Mind you, I'm more of a car guy (never trust a means of transport that falls over when you stop :lol:) so could easily have missed something important.

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 12:58:33 AM »
Get the FIM medical form from BMST and make sure your body is in good enough shape to get an international racing license.  There are some circulatory tests.  One is running on a treadmill with electrodes attached to you.  The other is laying down on the gurney with more electrodes attached and listening to the blood pump through your heart.  One is an electroechocardiogram and the other is a stress test.  There are vision tests and other things.  Your doctor needs to certify that you are fit to race.  Personally, if I do not kill myself racing, keeping in shape to pass the medical exams will add years to my life.