Landracing Forum Home
February 18, 2018, 08:43:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bob Duncan of the Sidewinder Car Club Passed away December 11, 2017  (Read 442 times)
desotoman

Modified Roadster

Ignore
« on: December 19, 2017, 04:27:10 PM »

I am sorry to report that Bob Duncan passed away on December 11, 2017.

Bob was a long time member of the Sidewinder Car Club. I believe that Bob had the first Mini Pickup truck to run over 200 mph. Bob was a great guy and would do anything he could for you.

Godspeed Bob.

A web page has been set up for comments at: https://www.wonderfullife.com/of/robert-duncan/memories/

Tom G.

Link below is a picture of Bob. 

https://storage.googleapis.com/powerful-vertex-181719.appspot.com/media%2Fprofile-photos%2Fb7b0bf8e-76ac-48c6-b154-1611444fcce3.jpg

* BD truck.jpg (90.88 KB, 640x480 - viewed 70 times.)

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers. As a young boy I was always taught that there is no such thing as a stupid question. It suggests that the quest for knowledge includes failure, and that just because one person may know less than others they should not be afraid to ask rather than pretend they already know. In many cases multiple people may not know but are too afraid to ask the "stupid question"; the one who asks the question may in fact be doing a service to those around them.
desotoman

Modified Roadster

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 11:43:27 PM »

Bob's son just sent me this email in regards to services for Bob Sr.

Tom G.

Folks,

The date is set for my Dad's grave-side funeral service.  It will be on Saturday, March 31st at 1:00 in Bishop.  Below is the address:

East Line Street Cemetery
Van Loon Ln, Bishop, CA 93514

It's at Plot Section 11, Row 7, Grave 14

For those interested in hanging out afterwards, we plan to meet at the local VFW in Bishop.  If you do plan to join afterwards, please let me know so I can give the VFW a heads up on how many people may be coming.  It won't be anything organized, just hanging out around their bar.

Please forward to any others who might be interested.   My email is either snitsrevenge@gmail.com
 or bob.duncan@dynetics.com

Regards,

Bob Duncan (son)

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers. As a young boy I was always taught that there is no such thing as a stupid question. It suggests that the quest for knowledge includes failure, and that just because one person may know less than others they should not be afraid to ask rather than pretend they already know. In many cases multiple people may not know but are too afraid to ask the "stupid question"; the one who asks the question may in fact be doing a service to those around them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: