Landracing Forum Home
May 21, 2018, 03:51:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rulebook  (Read 3320 times)
Captthundarr

In line

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 11:04:52 PM »

2015 Rule 3.w Brakes: " Adequate brakes are required in all classes. No Front wheel brakes only systems are allowed. Brake controls shall be within the driver's reach while the driver is securely strapped in the seat."

Just saying. If Steve says 4 wheel well then they have to be adequate...

Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15
Jack Gifford

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 02:47:34 AM »

Hmm... the rule itself doesn't appear to require 4-wheel brakes... huh

Who is "Steve"? Steve Strupp?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 02:50:01 AM by Jack Gifford » Logged

M/T Pontiac hemi guru
Stan Back

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 12:37:51 PM »

. . . and how do they judge what's adequate?

Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters California's most-exclusive roadster club.
Celebrating 65th anniversary of racing on the salt.
Captthundarr

In line

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 05:31:36 PM »

One would guess that since the rule writers life is not on the line, the builder / driver would know whats "adequate".

Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15
ronnieroadster

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 05:55:34 PM »

One would guess that since the rule writers life is not on the line, the builder / driver would know whats "adequate".

My point exactly whats adequate is a safe car thats not made unsafe by rules that can not be applied with any sense of safety. Could it be the rule is being used to cover a possible unsafe condition that being not adequate stopping distance?

Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 186.946
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 192.448
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Had
"Life Memeber of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"
Kool Performance

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 09:59:33 PM »

This is Steve
My wife and I are the owners of ECTA

To clarify the adequate term is in the old rule book. Our 2018 rules are being finalized and edited as we speak. They will be published very soon. They will be made available online.
All cars will require 4 wheel brakes and it must be a split system. Meaning if brakes fail on 1 wheel, you will still have brakes on the other axle. There were several factors involved in making this decision. I understand there will be many opinions on this rule. But after reviewing all the factors, this is the decision that had to be made.

Just a little back ground. I am in the 200 club at Bonneville, El Mirage and The Ohio Mile. As a crew chief I have Prepared the car that has put Jack Rogers in 11 200 MPH clubs, in the 757 Camaro.
ronnieroadster

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 10:38:48 PM »

This is Steve
My wife and I are the owners of ECTA

To clarify the adequate term is in the old rule book. Our 2018 rules are being finalized and edited as we speak. They will be published very soon. They will be made available online.
All cars will require 4 wheel brakes and it must be a split system. Meaning if brakes fail on 1 wheel, you will still have brakes on the other axle. There were several factors involved in making this decision. I understand there will be many opinions on this rule. But after reviewing all the factors, this is the decision that had to be made.

Just a little back ground. I am in the 200 club at Bonneville, El Mirage and The Ohio Mile. As a crew chief I have Prepared the car that has put Jack Rogers in 11 200 MPH clubs, in the 757 Camaro.

Well Steve you have eliminated my vehicle as an example from ever being able to run at any further ECTA events. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
Stainless1
Administrator

Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele Wichita, Kansas

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2018, 11:27:12 PM »

Come on Ronnie... a couple of 2x4s with a rope pull to rub the fronts and you're racing  rolleyes 
Maybe Steve can do exceptions for cars with a proven history of the ability to stop before the pavement runs out... Speed limits for cars without a history to demonstrate ability....
Remember the "back door" on a runway may have hard stuff sitting in the grass
 cheers

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, MSA Bockscar Lakester with a little N20 
MSA Bockscar Lakester #1000 my fastest mile 245 and change, 84 ci turbobusa motor... but Corey's 233 MPH H/BFL record is still 3MPH faster than mine.
ronnieroadster

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 08:50:00 PM »

Come on Ronnie... a couple of 2x4s with a rope pull to rub the fronts and you're racing  rolleyes 
Maybe Steve can do exceptions for cars with a proven history of the ability to stop before the pavement runs out... Speed limits for cars without a history to demonstrate ability....
Remember the "back door" on a runway may have hard stuff sitting in the grass
 cheers

Stainless  Sounds like a very good idea for the cars with proven history but some how I feel thats not going to happen.  You know how tight things get in our special construction vehicles and such so trying to add anything to pass this rule is out of the question for my car. We already know the wood idea wont fly but this reminds me my very first car was a 1948 Ford woody and I must admit it had no brakes at all. Good memory's for sure. See you in Wendover.      cheers

WOODY@DDLLC

ECTA is coming to AK!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 09:13:54 AM »

Ronnie, don't let a brake rule change slow you down - pun intended!  angry grin
There will be some major brain stormers in AK in April - come on down and visit - besides we can't wait until August to see ya!  cheers

All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz
ronnieroadster

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 06:01:02 PM »

Ronnie, don't let a brake rule change slow you down - pun intended!  angry grin
There will be some major brain stormers in AK in April - come on down and visit - besides we can't wait until August to see ya!  cheers

Brain stormers in April heck that leaves me out! Originally was thinking about heading to the event but now have other plans that wont slow me down or cause me a lot of extra unnecessary work and more expense.   grin

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: