Author Topic: Triumph T110 Engine  (Read 1819 times)

Offline VroomVroom

• New folks
Triumph T110 Engine
« on: December 11, 2017, 05:55:10 PM »
I got a lead on a Triumph Tiger T110 that I can buy for a great price as the seller does not want to have to deal with the engine issues. I don't want to buy the bike unless I can find the parts to repair it with (a spare engine might be all it would take) so I wanted to put some feelers out first. Talked to some of the local garages and they cannot really help, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Talked with a couple shops and they recommended that I look at some places online to see if I can find anything for really cheap. I guess a lot of people will sell vehicles that can't pass inspection 'as is' online for parts which sounded like a good idea to me. I got home after meeting with the owner of the bike I intend on fixing up and everything I could spot wrong with it (which was a considerable amount more than he said) seemed like it could be fixed easily or replaced with newer, better parts. With that in mind I did what the guys at the shop said and checked online where I found http://www.for-sale.co.uk/triumph-t110-engine. This guys was selling the engine to the bike as the rest of the bike was completely FUBAR and he was not taking the time to get all the parts for it (these two sellers need to meet up) so I got a hold of him and have the engine on hold until I can get out there and pick it up. Thanks for all the tips guys!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:03:00 PM by VroomVroom »

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Triumph T110 Engine
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 08:22:44 PM »
There are four UK magazines, Classic Bike Guide, Classic Racer, The Classic Motorcycle, and Classic Bike.  They list all sorts of vendors for Meridan Triumph parts.  They have them in the US at Barnes and Nobles bookstores.  Also, try Baxter's in Marne, Iowa.

Offline VroomVroom

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 05:29:13 PM »
Awesome, I'm going to have a quick Google and see what I can find from them online and if nothing then I will be heading into the city this weekend. Thanks.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 09:52:35 PM »
The Triumph twins and triple are the best of the older British bike engines to tune for LSR.  An exception might be the Vincent.

Look at the parts carefully for cracks, especially the cases around the main bearings and the cylinder heads around the holes for the studs.  Everything on those engines can be replaced with more modern and stronger stuff if needed so a couple of bad parts are not fatal, even bad cases.  Thunder Engineering in the UK makes them if needed. 

Offline VroomVroom

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 12:48:59 AM »
The Triumph twins and triple are the best of the older British bike engines to tune for LSR.  An exception might be the Vincent.

Look at the parts carefully for cracks, especially the cases around the main bearings and the cylinder heads around the holes for the studs.  Everything on those engines can be replaced with more modern and stronger stuff if needed so a couple of bad parts are not fatal, even bad cases.  Thunder Engineering in the UK makes them if needed. 

Thanks for the tips, I might be meeting with the seller soon so I can inspect the bike personally and will take note of how everything looks then see how easily it can be ordered.