Landracing Forum Home
May 23, 2018, 02:24:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking Wind  (Read 74025 times)
revolutionary

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: April 07, 2018, 05:11:21 PM »

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry   I tried to go back through the build  I couldn't get any of the picts to open

Big thanks to Photobucket for that. I lost tons of pics when they hosed us. I do have most of the build pics but the best place to look at a lot of the early build pics is on JavaJoe's Facebook page (Coffey Fabrication) here https://www.facebook.com/pg/CoffeyFabrication/photos/?tab=album&album_id=486569108119655
Milwaukee Midget
Global Moderator

Bonneville I/GT record holder - 122.539 mph

« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2018, 09:32:16 PM »

I paid for a Flickr account.  Lost all my Photobucket links, but downloaded all the pics and closed the account.  Yeah, destroyed 70 percent of my build diary.

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  rolleyes

We are NOT rebuilding . . . We are reloading.

GOD SAVE MG - The Queen can take care of herself!
revolutionary

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: April 09, 2018, 09:55:04 PM »

Scaled the car today and am pretty happy with the starting point. I know I'll catch hell but my Intercooler tank is not totally full and is about 30lb light. It sits where a passenger would sit. Otherwise this is with full fluids and me.

LF - 1100
RF - 1095
LR -1200
RR - 1178

total - 4573
L/R = 50.3%
Rear bias 52.0%
Cross weight 50.2%
CG = 6.3" off the ground

It still sits about an inch lower than I really want but will be ok for Arkansas this week. I need to get other front shocks to raise the front any more. The .250" thick steel floor pan really helped get the weight low.

I'll figure out if it goes straight soon enough!
SPARKY
Global Moderator

« Reply #303 on: April 09, 2018, 11:10:35 PM »

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Miss LIBERTY,  changing TKI  to noise, dust and RUST!!!

The # 1 issue is: TO KEEP THE REPUBLIC      
   Center for Self Governance            tncsg.org     mrspowell.org

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller
revolutionary

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: April 14, 2018, 09:33:41 PM »

Made a couple licensing runs at the Arkansas Mile today at 146 and 172. Clearly I need a bunch more first and second gear in the 3sp lenco.4 sp would be better but that is a bigger project. Wind has been hell and it rained all morning. I was happy to get two runs in today but it may be too windy again tomorrow. We'll see.
SPARKY
Global Moderator

« Reply #305 on: April 14, 2018, 11:19:16 PM »

sounds like you are having a good first outing!!

Miss LIBERTY,  changing TKI  to noise, dust and RUST!!!

The # 1 issue is: TO KEEP THE REPUBLIC      
   Center for Self Governance            tncsg.org     mrspowell.org

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller
revolutionary

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: April 17, 2018, 07:47:03 AM »

Sunday morning was pretty good. We went out for what I planned as a balls out run. Had the pedal to the floor and it ran fine but just didn't feel like it had the power it should have. Ran 199.3, which is ok but far from what I had expected. We contemplated loading it up as I had a plane to catch in Nashville but I got talked into getting back in line and caught a break when Kris Henderson (63 Jag which ran 200) offered me his place further up in line. Got strapped in and waiting for the wind to die down I was just running the throttle pedal back and forth and could see under the cowl hood that it didn't look like the throttle was going all the way open. I had my guys pull off the hood and sure enough, I was only getting around 40% throttle. That accounts for the lack of power!
They fixed it and put the hood back on whereupon I continued to wait for the wind. I hit my hard out time and we had to pull out of line to load up and make my flight, so no true balls out run for me Sad

Key is that I made three solid passes, the car runs straight and stops, the chutes work, and I feel much more comfortable driving it. Success.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: