Landracing Forum Home
November 21, 2017, 08:38:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tech  (Read 468 times)
550cc
New folks

Ignore
« on: October 23, 2017, 04:15:19 PM »

Will a nascar car pass tech structurally.
ronnieroadster

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 04:37:28 PM »

At what event?

Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 186.946
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 192.448
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Had
"Life Memeber of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"
550cc
New folks

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 07:03:44 PM »

At Bonneville.
RichFox

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 07:07:56 PM »

If you actually are going to run at Bonneville. You should step up and buy a rule book. There is no class in which a NASCAR legal; car can run at an SCTA event. But some do run for Time Only. I don't know what if any changes they had to make to run. If you have a car and a rule book, you would know what's what.
jimmy six

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 11:17:36 PM »

They have run before but as said "time only". The first thing I would even if you don't have a rule book is print out a check off sheet from the scta-BNI website and go thru line by line. Each line refers to a rule and it is stated by reference. That doesn't mean you will pass safety inspection but may be close and you can see what's needed. Habitually other organizations rules are not as stringent as the SCTA since drivers/cars can be gotten to quicker. You could flip and roll for a mile at Bonneville.

Don't assume anything, if it's a true cup car it will probably be over 200 so the rule for that speed will be scrutinized very very closely. If you live near some one familiar with the SCTA rules or has built a car that will help. Typically tubing material is thinner than even tho there is a lot of safety built in for hitting others and walls.

There will be fire suppression needed and drive safety gear. But as stated a rulebook for us is a must and with a check off sheet you can see as you go thru the vehicle even before you commit. Good luck

First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro
NathanStewart

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 12:01:50 PM »

Structurally, yes, most would pass.  But don't expect to show up with a car that isn't specifically prepped for an SCTA event thinking you'll get through tech based on chassis structure alone.  Lots of other sub-systems are looked at besides structure.  Seat, door net, driver containment, fire system, fuel system, drive line, etc etc etc.

El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member
550cc
New folks

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 12:54:30 PM »

The reason why I asked was that there is a Nascar car for sale on E-bay and the description stated that you could run landspeed.
I was wondering if it actually could. I realize it would need lots of other systems. Thats why I said Structurally could it. Was asking the Masters of Speed.
Stan Back

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 01:34:44 PM »

. . . and Time Only doesn't have any records (yet), if that's your goal.

Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters California's most-exclusive roadster club.
Celebrating 65th anniversary of racing on the salt.
ronnieroadster

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 02:47:39 PM »

The reason why I asked was that there is a Nascar car for sale on E-bay and the description stated that you could run landspeed.
I was wondering if it actually could. I realize it would need lots of other systems. Thats why I said Structurally could it. Was asking the Masters of Speed.

Advertising a  Nascar type vehicle could run landspeed is no doubt related to the ECTA and LTA they each have a class for records for that type of car. Speeds up to 250 MPH have been run at the runway events they hold.

Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 186.946
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 192.448
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Had
"Life Memeber of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: