Author Topic: Harvest Meet  (Read 2102 times)

Offline bearingburner

Harvest Meet
« on: September 04, 2017, 05:12:19 PM »
Friday was windy, cold and rainy. Total washout. Saturday weather was warmer and sunny with 4-5MPH head wind. More than expected entries.
A Vette ran 251MPH I heard. Several fast bikes there but didn't hear any fast speeds. Car lost its body but no injuries except to car. Left early Sunday but weather was sunny until southern ME. So they should have been able to run.Thanks to Tim ,Joe and all volunteers. See you in the spring

Offline greencar

• greencar
Re: Harvest Meet
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »
Thanks to all who made this happen. Always a first rate event
 I stayed to run Sunday with a tail wind in the forecast. The wind came and I managed to pickup an additional 5 mph over Saturday.
 I believe the black Vette ran a 258 on Sunday, someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Had a good trip back the car is in the garage and I found a cold one.
Ed, enjoyed meeting Saturday and hope to see you in the spring
All the best
Ed

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Harvest Meet
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 06:51:20 AM »
Ed

Catching up with old friends and meeting new is always a big part of any meet for me.  Good to finally meet you and be able to express my admiration for one who drives his rig to a meet, runs it, and drives it home.

Organizers and volunteers

My family's sincere appreciation for all the time and effort everyone put in for another great meet.  Without each and every one of you we couldn't have had the great time we did.  Didn't get the numbers we wanted but did make significant progress without any expensive noises.  We now have new questions to answer which will keep the winter interesting.  One step at a time, if it were all easy it wouldn't be fun. 

We are all looking forward to next season already.

Ed