Landracing Forum Home
December 13, 2017, 05:48:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Time on the Salt Non-Race Related Questions  (Read 1898 times)
gnomenator

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2017, 09:56:53 AM »

Morning, couple more items for your first time- make sure the vehicle is licensed & insured and bring proof, and make darn sure you have the double throttle springs!! One of the first things they will look at!!Again, you are going to have a blast, I know my wife and I both did, however, be forwarned , this CAN and usually DOES lead to a serious case of 'salt-fever' and it is INCURABLE!! grin Hope you have a great time ! Gnomenator  cheers cheers
x111103
New folks

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »

For dog-on-the-salt advice -- contact Wendy Jeffries, the lady that runs the Bonneville Racing News.  She's also a dog trainer and handler and Kong, her pup, has spent many hours with her on the salt.  She's seldom on this Forum, but shouldn't be difficult to find if you search for the BRN.

If anyone can give you valid info -- it'd be Wendy.  Another person with dog experience is Betty Burkland, but her dog is so small (I think it'd fit in my left armpit) that I've never seen it NOT being carried. rolleyes

Thanks a bunch for this.  Google led me right to her and the Bonneville Racing News.  I'll shoot a quick note over to her. 
x111103
New folks

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2017, 10:29:52 AM »

Morning, couple more items for your first time- make sure the vehicle is licensed & insured and bring proof, and make darn sure you have the double throttle springs!! One of the first things they will look at!!Again, you are going to have a blast, I know my wife and I both did, however, be forwarned , this CAN and usually DOES lead to a serious case of 'salt-fever' and it is INCURABLE!! grin Hope you have a great time ! Gnomenator  cheers cheers

My car is EFI and drive by wire, so I have the double springs covered.  Thanks for that reminder though.  I keep reading about this "salt-fever" and it does appear to highly contagious.  (I am actually counting on that. grin)
NathanStewart

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 02:54:59 PM »

Dogs are like small children - best left at home. 

El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member
Stan Back

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »

+1

Big distraction when trying to run a vehicle a first time at an event.  It'll gain nothing from being there.

Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters California's most-exclusive roadster club.
Celebrating 65th anniversary of racing on the salt.
x111103
New folks

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »

+1

Big distraction when trying to run a vehicle a first time at an event.  It'll gain nothing from being there.

Heard and understood.  I can definitely see that point of view as well.

Thanks.
Glen
Global Moderator

SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 02:37:43 PM »

I have been going to the salt since 1953. As a worker,racer, timer and the voice of Bonneville. Current is crew member on the Vesco Turbinator II streamliner and will be announcing the world of speed next month, yeah I have salt fever and it wont go away and I am glad. Enjoy the salt, has to be treated every year. grin

Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah
DRW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 03:48:15 PM »

Ahh, A bit late, Bit I use Round weights .Like on a Work out bench bar 10 lbs, And zip tie them to the bottom of the EZ Up .
No salt damage,   But, I have been at Bonneville 2014, 2016 & 2016 and have not been in the wind storm you see on videos.
But we leave our EZ Up  , In the up position, But we take off the cover , So we leave the Skeleton frame up only.
If you bring a pet, Bring a Motorhome. . Otherwise, No , Its too Harsh, The salt is every where, I wear contacs and I can feel it in my eyes
DW

Doesnt Mean That Much To me, To Mean That Much To You !
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: